Our Company & Our Property
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Join our team as Food and Beverage Manager for Bishop's Lodge, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by managing all of the hotel's Food & Beverage outlets. Ensuring the quality of product and level of service, resulting in superb guest experience.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Liaise with all departments to ensure clear and concise communication on all reports, functions, and guest notes for the day.
- Ensure quality Food & Beverage service is delivered first while maintaining adherence to budgeted payroll and overhead costs.
- Behave as a role model, communicate effectively with employees, acting as a motivating influence, training all new team members.
- Ensure respect of safe food handling procedures and a safe working environment
- Complete Daily Pass-along communicating all relevant notes for each shift.
- Oversee the completion of training, staff schedules, weekly inventories and reconciliations, and Payroll
- Lead and analyze guest satisfaction, quality of service, sales, costs, quality and presentation of food and beverage products, service standards, condition, and cleanliness of facilities and equipment.
- Maintain the highest levels of guest service and develop a rapport with both the hotel guests and the local clientele, meeting and greeting guests at the Restaurant, and handling guest complaints effectively and pleasantly.
- Maintain a position of customer advocacy with staff ensuring Bishop's Lodge / Forbes standards are continually met.
- Conduct regular walk-throughs for maintenance in restaurants to continuously maintain or improve the physical properties
- Lead the training and education of the service staff in products and services, and assist F&B management in reaching and exceeding the goals for sales in the restaurant.
- Perform reviews of all service staff on an annual basis..
- Achieve the budgeted or projected departmental Gross Operating Profit on an annual basis
- Maintains knowledge of trends, systems, practices, and equipment in food and beverage through trade literature, hotel shows, site visits, and monitoring local competitors to compare their operation with the hotel’s Food and Beverage operation.
- Develop Food and Beverage goals, strategies, procedures, and policies including offering guests great value in their beverage experience in accordance with the hotel’s guidelines and developing promotional events to further stimulate sales and achieve monthly goals.
- Oversee that the management of daily end of day reports for the restaurant are handled properly by the appropriate managers.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience in maintaining state and federal health and safety regulations
- Experience in completing administrative tasks, including reporting, budgeting, project management, etc.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to department needs
- Five or more years’ operating experience in a luxury hotel Food & Beverage department.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures, and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Bishop's Lodge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Bishop's Lodge provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bishop's Lodge complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a management position
This is a full time position