Our Company & Our Property
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Settled more than 150 years ago by Bishop Jean Baptiste Lamy, this iconic Santa Fe landmark is steeped in history and has undergone a sensitive restoration to preserve its distinctive Southwestern heritage for the next generation. Set to open in March 2021, guests can explore our vibrant culture of discovery and expression through nature-driven adventures, visual arts, ancient healing arts, culinary arts, and the art of gathering.
Join our team as Assistant Food and Beverage Manager for SkyFire at Bishop's Lodge, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by managing all of the hotel's Food & Beverage outlets. Ensuring the quality of product and level of service, resulting in a superb guest experience.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Assist F&B management in the overall day-to-day operations.
- Consistently maintain Bishop’s Lodge / Forbes service standards throughout all F&B departments.
- Ensure completion of all service shift opening/closing duties.
- Ensure the setup of all dining outlets, common spaces, and function spaces for the day.
- Inspect the restaurant environment and entrance area ensuring that all standards are met, rectify any deficiencies, and maintain cleanliness at all times.
- Inspect tables and stations ensuring that all set up meets the departmental standards, check throughout the meal period, and report any deficiencies.
- Ensure quality Food & Beverage service is delivered first while maintaining adherence to budgeted payroll and overhead costs.
- Conduct pre-meal informational briefing with staff so that all are knowledgeable about dishes, cooking methods, changes, menu items, specials, etc.
- Behave as a role model, communicate effectively with employees, acting as a motivating influence, training all new team members.
- Assist F&B management in training, scheduling, and Payroll
- Handle any guest incidents ensuring 100% guest satisfaction. Record and distribute all GIR reports following up on any incidents.
- Ensure respect of safe food handling procedures and a safe working environment
- Complete Daily Pass-along communicating all relevant notes for each shift.
- Work as an active member of the management team. Creating professional relationships and active involvement with all hotel operations, including but not limited to; daily, and weekly management meetings, and support to all team members, including Manager on Duty Shifts.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent knowledge of food and wine is a must as well as fine dining operations.
- Experience in completing administrative tasks, including reporting, budgeting, project management, etc.
- Two years' experience in a restaurant management role
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures, and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Bishop's Lodge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Bishop's Lodge provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bishop's Lodge complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a management position
This is a full time position