Our Company & Our Property
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Join our team as the Front Office Manager for Bishop's Lodge, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by managing the Front Office, Housekeeping, and Laundry departments and overseeing all guest experiences in that department.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Oversee day-to-day hotel operations within the Front Desk, Bellman/Valet, Night Auditors, and Laundry
- Participate in the development of short and long-term financial and operational plans for the hotel which support the overall objectives of the Company
- Assist DOO with the monitoring of the performance of the hotel through verification, maintenance, and analysis of OPERA, Unifocus, and financial reports
- Create an operating environment that assures consistent guest satisfaction by completing audits of Rooms, common areas, etc.
- Maintain product and service standards in line with Bishop's Lodge / Forbes expectations by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints.
- Hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Understanding the government regulations affecting hotel’s operations, ensuring the hotel is operated in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, state or municipal authority
- Ensuring good safety practices of employees and guests, assisting in the maintenance of proper emergency and security procedures
- Coach colleagues to ensure proper handling of guest complaints from start to finish
- Supervises and motivates designated employees
- Ensures good safety practices of employees and guests, assisting in the maintenance of proper emergency and security procedures
- Work as an active member of the management team. Creating professional relationships and active involvement with all hotel operations, including but not limited to; daily, and weekly management meetings, and support to all team members, including Manager on Duty Shifts
Skills and Abilities
- Familiar with the operations and priorities of all other hotel operating departments.
- Experience in maintaining state and federal health and safety regulations
- Experience completing administrative tasks, to include, reporting, budgeting, project management, etc
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to department needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or equivalent experience
- Five years’ operating experience in a hotel rooms department.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures, and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Bishop's Lodge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Bishop's Lodge provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bishop's Lodge complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a management position
This is a full time position