Our Company & Our Property
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Join our team as the L&D Coordinator for Bishop's Lodge, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by delivering bespoke training programs. Designed with leadership, management, business, and personal progression in mind, the intention is to expand on the talents and skills across all employees at all levels within the property while adhering to all state and federal requirements.
This role will not be brought on until January of 2021.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Create training programs that are aligned with Bishop’s Lodge/ Auberge Resorts Collection’s objectives
- Administer already existing training programs working with the Regional L&D Leader to design and communicate training in line with Auberge Resorts Collection standards
- Manage the annual mandatory training calendar ensuring full completion within targeted timelines and provide timely and accurate updates to department leaders
- Maintain accurate and easily accessible records and processes for all learning and development activities including; recording and monitoring attendance, ensuring that staff required to attend specific workshops are easily identified and followed up
- Act as the “go-to” within the property for anyone with questions regarding training and development plans
- Liaise with all department leaders and have a full understanding of their teams and training requirements
- Embrace different styles of training techniques, including e-learning, tutorial sessions or coaching
- Work within the allocated budget and find solutions in order to implement the required training
- Build relationships with third-party training providers
- Design staple curriculums for all team members catered to the “Soulful Journey” of Bishop’s Lodge
- Continually update all training to ensure adherence to all state and federal requirements
- Assist with miscellaneous HR functions, as needed
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and people-facing skills
- Evidence of strong administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task effectively while considering future organizational requirements
- Ability to work effectively under pressure while retaining a strong eye for detail
- Previous experience working in a similar role
- Ability to work appropriately with highly confidential information
- Experience in providing support to meetings and events to enable them to run effectively
- Hotel and/or Hospitality operations experience (preferred), specifically with Forbes
- Bi-Lingual (preferred)
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures, and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Bishop's Lodge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Bishop's Lodge provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bishop's Lodge complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Department: Human Resources
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position