Our Company & Our Property
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Settled more than 150 years ago by Bishop Jean Baptiste Lamy, this iconic Santa Fe landmark is steeped in history and has undergone a sensitive restoration to preserve its distinctive Southwestern heritage for the next generation. Set to open in March 2021, guests can explore our vibrant culture of discovery and expression through nature-driven adventures, visual arts, ancient healing arts, culinary arts, and the art of gathering.
Join our team as Valet for Bishop's Lodge, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by meeting and exceeding the guest’s needs from the moment they arrive through their departure.
**Bishop's Lodge restaurant and private dining will be opening in November therefore, we are looking to bring this role on in October. This will strictly be a Valet role as the Rooms are not yet open, but would then transition into a Bellman role once the entire property is open in March.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Greet and respond in a professional and courteous manner to arriving, departing, and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely information and services.
- Use the Tag system to mark bags and use guests’ name upon arrival and departure
- Coordinate guest service efforts to include group arrivals and departures, and guest transportation.
- Coordinate and supervise the activities and foster good relations with the Car Services used to transport guests
- Provide guest transportation as required by Bishop's Lodge / Forbes standards and driving the Golf cart and property cars including, maintaining complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of the property vehicles.
- Provide information and assist staff in recommending area restaurants, theatres, community events, activities, etc. to ensure optimum guest satisfaction.
- Resolve guest complaints and report guest issues immediately to the Manager on Duty.
- Maintain organization of the bell closet, oversee the receiving and shipping of all guest packages.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of the front entrance, lobby areas, and bell closet.
- Inspect all parking areas including the hotel valet area, employee lot to ensure proper parking procedures are being followed
- $9/ hour + tips
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to department needs
- Valid Driver's License
- One-year of experience in the hospitality industry
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures, and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Bishop's Lodge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Bishop's Lodge provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bishop's Lodge complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position