Our Company & Our Property
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Settled more than 150 years ago by Bishop Jean Baptiste Lamy, this iconic Santa Fe landmark is steeped in history and has undergone a sensitive restoration to preserve its distinctive Southwestern heritage for the next generation. Set to open in March 2021, guests can explore our vibrant culture of discovery and expression through nature-driven adventures, visual arts, ancient healing arts, culinary arts, and the art of gathering.
Join our team as the Adventure and Activity Manager for Bishop's Lodge, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by creating activities and experiences for the guests that are reflective of and unique to Santa Fe and New Mexico. The Adventure & Activity Manager will also interface closely and assist with the daily reception and housekeeping operations.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Develop an annual events calendar for the property, based on our Journey Map.
- Planning, leading, and guiding inter-departmental execution of special events and weekly activities, events, classes, and programs that allow guests to maximally experience “the adventure of art and the art of adventure” and create lasting memories.
- Plan and execute VIP visits, Site Visits, Fam Trips, and Owners Guests
- Establish relationships with local partners and vendors to initiate and enhance our unique brand story
- Align Bishop’s Lodge with strong community partners to solidify our programming in the local community as well as the global luxury resort market.
Maintain cooperative relationships and open lines of communication with leaders of operational departments to ensure concept execution of programming and product offerings.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate success with developing and executing personalized services: possibly including coordinating events and activities.
- Five years of work experience in a guest service leadership, supervisory, or activities manager role.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures, and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Bishop's Lodge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Bishop's Lodge provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bishop's Lodge complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a management position
This is a full time position