Our Company & Our Property
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Settled more than 150 years ago by Bishop Jean Baptiste Lamy, this iconic Santa Fe landmark is steeped in history and has undergone a sensitive restoration to preserve its distinctive Southwestern heritage for the next generation. Set to open in March 2021, guests can explore our vibrant culture of discovery and expression through nature-driven adventures, visual arts, ancient healing arts, culinary arts, and the art of gathering.
Join our team as a Lodge Concierge for Bishop's Lodge, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by assisting guests in providing an array of services calculated to make their stay easier and more pleasurable, including dining reservations, winery tour bookings, transportation arrangements, information, and any services that are best suited to the guest’s needs.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
- All resort features/services, hours of operation;
- All room types, layout, decor, appointments, and locations;
- All room rates, special packages, and promotions;
- Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures;
- Room availability status for any given day; and
- Scheduled daily group activities
- Review arrivals prior to approaching the Concierge desk and be familiar with all VIP guests, special requirements, and potential problems.
- Meet with departing shift member to ensure follow-through and a seamless handover
- Ensure that all guests receive personal, individual, and professional treatment
- Provide guests with information, descriptions, directions, and reservations for all resort services, local restaurants, activities, travel arrangements, and other points of interest
- Answer department telephones within three rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette
- Accommodate all requests for information in a congenial manner
- Work closely with the Front Office and other hotel departments on special requests and amenities
- Coordinate guest history with the Front Office, reservations, housekeeping, and room service
- Develop good relationships with peers in local restaurants and wineries
- Coordinate special attention for birthdays, anniversaries, or special events
- Maintain updated knowledge of the area, its facilities, and points of interest
- Handle guest complaints or problems immediately, ensuring guest satisfaction
- Accurately input guest data into guest history
- Produce weekly Bishop’s Lodge activities information sheet
- Assist in other Front Office operational duties, as needed
- Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel
- Plan and coordinate weekly events, restaurant reservations, activity vendor bookings, and any other requests for Guests during their stay.
- Prepare newsletter for Guests
- Must maintain excellent relationship within Front Office Department and must familiarize oneself with the operations and priorities of all other hotel operating departments
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the Santa Fe area, its geography, wineries, breweries, restaurants, events, sights, and other places of interest.
- Able to work on a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to department needs
- Superior professional appearance and manner, good character to work on a fast-paced team
- Great communication skills
- Confidence and ability to perform under pressure
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate in English, both orally and in writing, using correct spelling and grammar, with guests, co-workers, and management to their understanding, both in person and by telephone
- Ability to provide clear and legible written communication, compute basic mathematical calculations, input and access data in a computer, and prioritize and follow up on work assignments
- 1-Year minimum as a Front Desk Agent
- Excellent service, etiquette and protocol skills, and knowledge
- Have a valid New Mexico alcohol server certification
- Experience at a luxury hospitality property
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures, and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Bishop's Lodge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Bishop's Lodge provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bishop's Lodge complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position