Our Company & Our Property
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Settled more than 150 years ago by Bishop Jean Baptiste Lamy, this iconic Santa Fe landmark is steeped in history and has undergone a sensitive restoration to preserve its distinctive Southwestern heritage for the next generation. Set to open in March 2021, guests can explore our vibrant culture of discovery and expression through nature-driven adventures, visual arts, ancient healing arts, culinary arts, and the art of gathering.
Join our team as a Housekeeping Supervisor for Bishop's Lodge, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by monitoring, supervising, and managing the day to day operations of the Housekeeping department.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Assist in assigning the daily room and public areas schedule for the Housekeeping team
- Oversee the performance and cleaning standards of the room attendants, houseman & public areas ensuring adherence with Bishop’s Lodge / Forbes standards
- Responsible for the turn of a room from dirty to a clean/ready status
- Focus on details and luxury elements
- Have open communication with Maintenance and Front Office to ensure seamless service for stay-over guests and the guest's arrival
- Complete all Housekeeping duties as needed
- Responsible for training employees
- Evaluate the performance of staff
- Remain alert, courteous, and helpful to guest and co-workers at all times
- Have knowledge of housekeeping policies and procedures and hold staff members to the polices
- Keep the team on track to complete daily/weekly / monthly assignments
- Run reports Via HotSosto truck department productivity
- Must respond fast and efficiently to all guest and other departments request
- Assist in receiving and inventory guest/cleaning/operation supplies
- Assist in issuance of guidance/disciplinary action forms
- Communicate and be an ambassador of all core values/messages associated with the resort
Skills and Abilities
- Able to read and write in English
- Must be a team player
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to department needs.
- Great communication skills
- Excellent grooming
- Confidence and ability to perform under pressure
- Must like to clean
- Minimum of two years’ Housekeeping experience
- Prior experience in a luxury hotel preferred
- Bi-Lingual preferred
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures, and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Bishop's Lodge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Bishop's Lodge provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bishop's Lodge complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a management position
This is a full time position