Our Company & Our Property
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Settled more than 150 years ago by Bishop Jean Baptiste Lamy, this iconic Santa Fe landmark is steeped in history and has undergone a sensitive restoration to preserve its distinctive Southwestern heritage for the next generation. Set to open in March 2021, guests can explore our vibrant culture of discovery and expression through nature-driven adventures, visual arts, ancient healing arts, culinary arts, and the art of gathering.
Join our team as a Laundry Attendant for Bishop's Lodge, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by laundering all of the linen on the property in a timely and organized manner.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Receive and organize dirty linen from the hotel and sort in order of washing requirements
- Wash all linens according to individual specifications of each different linen type
- Sort linen from terry items for faster pickup and laundry room tidiness and safety
- Separate stained linen for proper treatments and recovery process cycles.
- Know and use the appropriate chemical formulas on all linens types to ensure sanitation and avoid deterioration of the material
- Understand time, on the items going into the dryers, give a long life to our inventory supplies
- Fold and organize the clean and dry linen, inspecting each piece of linen for stains or “wear and tear”. No stained, ripped, or worn items should ever be sent back to the hotel to use
- Linen should be organized by what area it’s going to within the Hotel for ease of distribution
- Stock every item by size. Blankets, comforters, pillows, etc
- Familiarize with all laundry detergents, and check them to make sure that they are not empty.
- Should ironing be necessary, only iron items that are at the appropriate moisture level and with a clean iron
- Know and understand the equipment used in order to complete the cycle of cleaning, drying, and ironing
Skills and Abilities
- Able to read and write in English
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to department needs.
- One year of experience in a hotel or commercial laundry facility
- Prior experience in a luxury hotel preferred
- Bi-Lingual preferred
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures, and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Bishop's Lodge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Bishop's Lodge provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bishop's Lodge complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position