Our Company & Our Property
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Settled more than 150 years ago by Bishop Jean Baptiste Lamy, this iconic Santa Fe landmark is steeped in history and has undergone a sensitive restoration to preserve its distinctive Southwestern heritage for the next generation. Set to open in March 2021, guests can explore our vibrant culture of discovery and expression through nature-driven adventures, visual arts, ancient healing arts, culinary arts, and the art of gathering.
Join our team as a Security Agent for Bishop's Lodge, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by the safety and security of the hotel's assets, guests, and team members. Anticipates potential problems and reacts to disturbances and prohibited conduct. Responds to emergency situations as needed.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Perform safety and security inspections of the entire hotel, grounds, and parking lot.
- Investigate noise complaints, assist with medical emergencies, guest and team member safety, and security.
- Collect information for the investigation of accidents, thefts, property loss, and unlawful activities. Document details and advise management. Prepare daily reports.
- Understand all Life Safety Systems and take control in emergency situations.
- Ability to remain calm in emergency situations and to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom require patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information, and solve guest concerns.
- Possess basic knowledge of carpentry, painting, commercial heating, and air conditioning, plumbing, and electrical disciplines.
- Perform guest room calls; such as light plumbing maintenance, WIFI, remotes, HVAC, etc. public space and service area preventative maintenance using the approved checklist and/or work requests.
- Responds to medical situations/emergencies as required, notifying proper authorities and taking appropriate action ensuring the safety and well-being of guests and team members.
- Maintain confidentiality of all Security and resort reports/documents; release information only to authorized individuals.
- Prepare work orders for maintenance repairs and submit them to Engineering.
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
- Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment.
- Record information for unfinished calls into a “pass-on logbook” prior to a shift change.
Skills and Abilities
- Must have excellent communication skills, and a positive and outgoing demeanor.
- Work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
- At least 1-year security experience.
- CPR Certified.
- Red Cross and First Aid Certified
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Previous luxury hotel experience preferred.
- Alcohol Awareness Training preferred.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures, and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Bishop's Lodge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Bishop's Lodge provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bishop's Lodge complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position