Our Company & Our Property
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Settled more than 150 years ago by Bishop Jean Baptiste Lamy, this iconic Santa Fe landmark is steeped in history and has undergone a sensitive restoration to preserve its distinctive Southwestern heritage for the next generation. Set to open in March 2021, guests can explore our vibrant culture of discovery and expression through nature-driven adventures, visual arts, ancient healing arts, culinary arts, and the art of gathering.
Join our team as an In-Room Dining Server for Bishop's Lodge, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by ensuring each guest has an amazing in-room dining experience by skillfully and carefully checking, arranging, and presenting the guest with their meal and beverages.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Practice intuitive, aware, understated in-room dining service.
- Anticipate guests’ needs based on body language, eye contact, and level of engagement.
- Ensure 100% accuracy of delivered items to rooms.
- Maintain organization & cleanliness of the In-Room Dining in the Inn.
- Communicate thoroughly and efficiently with the F&B Management and Culinary team about any operations, ordering, or logistical needs.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific processes to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Follow appropriate procedures for serving alcohol.
- Report any employee, guest, and/or vendor incidents and accidents to management at the time of the incident and/or accident.
- Follow all state and local laws for serving alcohol responsibly (e.g., last call times).
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors, and completing daily cleaning checklist.
Skills and Abilities
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written.
- Highly detail-orientated.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- At least 1 year of hotel experience.
- Prior luxury hospitality experience preferred.
- Have a valid New Mexico alcohol server certification
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures, and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Bishop's Lodge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Bishop's Lodge provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bishop's Lodge complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position