Our Company & Our Property
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Settled more than 150 years ago by Bishop Jean Baptiste Lamy, this iconic Santa Fe landmark is steeped in history and has undergone a sensitive restoration to preserve its distinctive Southwestern heritage for the next generation. Set to open in March 2021, guests can explore our vibrant culture of discovery and expression through nature-driven adventures, visual arts, ancient healing arts, culinary arts, and the art of gathering.
Join our team as a Banquet Supervisor for Bishop's Lodge, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by overseeing/supporting overall day to day operation, planning, and long term outlook of all banquet and social catering activities held at the hotel.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Maintain overall sanitation and of the banquet rooms and storage areas throughout shift.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Set tables according to the type of event and service standard ensuring all suppliers meet quality standards.
- Be familiar with all current and upcoming event details.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests to resolve issues.
- Communicate service needs to chefs and other departments throughout functions.
- Total charges for group functions, prepare and present checks to group contacts for payment, adhering to all cashiering policies/procedures.
- Train, Schedule, and conduct payroll for staff.
- Anticipate guest's needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests however busy you may be and whatever time of day.
- Be familiar with the properties services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries.
- Follow all state and local laws for serving alcohol responsibly.
- Complete Daily Pass-along communicating all relevant notes for each shift.
- Work as an active member of the management team. Creating professional relationships and active involvement with all hotel operations, including but not limited to; daily, and weekly management meetings, and support to all team members, including Manager on Duty Shifts.
Skills and Abilities
- Great communication skills
- Confidence and ability to perform under pressure
- 2 years of experience in a banquet department supervisory position.
- Familiarity with food and beverage cost controls.
- Excellent knowledge of food and wine is a must as well as fine dining operations.
- Experience in completing administrative tasks, including reporting, budgeting, project management, etc.
- Hospitality Certificate or Degree preferred
- Prior experience at a luxury hospitality property preferred
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures, and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Bishop's Lodge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Bishop's Lodge provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bishop's Lodge complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a management position
This is a full time position