Our Company & Our Property
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, and residences. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, innovative spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 21 one-of-a-kind hotels and resorts, with 7 in the announced pipeline, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Our mission is to be the best-loved manager of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. Auberge is a family of intimate, one-of-kind hotels and resorts that define an approachable style of luxury in both product and service that resonates with the curious modern traveler. Passionately local, experience-led, romantic, and stylish, these hotels hum with a vibrancy that is both refined and relevant.
Settled more than 150 years ago by Bishop Jean Baptiste Lamy, this iconic Santa Fe landmark is steeped in history and has undergone a sensitive restoration to preserve its distinctive Southwestern heritage for the next generation. Guests can explore our vibrant culture of discovery and expression through nature-driven adventures, visual arts, ancient healing arts, culinary arts, and the art of gathering.
Join our team as a Painter and become one of the authors of our story. As part of the Bishop's Lodge family, you will be responsible for, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by ensuring that all guest rooms are well maintained and in pristine conditions as well as the rest of the hotel areas.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their teammates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Apply paint, stain, varnish, enamel, and other finishes to property walls, ceilings, and furniture using brushes, spray guns, or rollers while maintaining property color scheme specifications.
- Apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, such as bare wood or metal, for finish coats.
- Remove old finishes by stripping, sanding, wire brushing, burning, or using water and/or abrasive blasting.
- Cover surfaces with drop cloths or masking tape and paper for protection during painting and post appropriate paint signs.
- Clean up and store paint and painting tools and equipment in appropriate areas.
- Coordinate with vendors in order to modify colors of paint, stain, or varnish with oil, thinning, and drying additives in order to obtain desired colors and consistency.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Report any serious maintenance problems, unusual findings, or safety hazards immediately to the manager/supervisor.
- Basic knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, and electrical.
- Minimum one-year experience in a related field.
- Ability to communicate in English with team members and guests.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
- Engineering experience, is a plus.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Bishop's Lodge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Bishop's Lodge provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bishop's Lodge complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position