Second Shift *** Work 4 10 Hour days *** Generous Shift Premium
The CNC Lathe Set Up Specialist applies his or her expertise in this highly technical, close tolerance (.0002), CNC Lathe operation. Work independently, while applying your Knowledge, skills and abilities. Share mornings with family and enjoy a three day weekend.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Set up CNC Lathe equipment by entering instructions, setting tools,offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculates requirements, using basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proves part programs.
- Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces,
- Document and communicate actions, irregularities, and continuing needs to complete work activities.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- 3+ years previous CNC machine set up and operation experience.
- Experience with quality control measures.
- Ability to perform routine calculations and to use analytical skills to determine the root cause of problems
- Use good judgment in decisions regarding process and problem solving.
- Training in CNC machine operations.
- Training and experience using G-Code, Master CAM and/or ESPRIT software.
- Operation of CNC Machines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Manufacturing environment. Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment; Ability to position self to move, install/takeout, adjust, position, measure, and handle materials weighing up to 70 pounds.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities / Women / Disabled / Veterans
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position