CNC Machinist Operator
The CNC MACHINE OPERATOR safely and efficiently operates CNC machines and maintains a clean, well organized work area. Primary duties are consistent operation and checking dimensions of parts produced on CNC equipment. Position will also include operating computer numerical control (CNC) machine to perform and produce precision metal components; perform actions such as cutting, drilling, milling, boring and broaching as specified by work order, blueprints, drawing, templates or layout.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Check dimensions and materials to assure finished parts conform to work order.
- Assure paperwork is accurate and make good use of consumable tools.
- Notify Lead personnel / Set Up Machinist to advise if machinery is not operating effectively.
- Assure that safety precautions are observed at all times including the use of safety glasses, safety shoes, ear protection (if applicable) and machine guards.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Machine parts to specifications, using secondary operation machine tools.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Basic understanding of CNC machine operations.
- Ability to communicate appropriately with Managers, Supervisors and peers in a professional manner
- Uses good judgment in decisions regarding process and problem solving.
- Able to read and understand G-Code programming code.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Manufacturing environment. Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment; Ability to position self to move, install/takeout, adjust, position, measure, and handle materials weighing up to 70 pounds.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities / Women / Disabled / Veteran
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position