The organized Material Handler / Packer safely and efficiently moves, stores and packs materials and goods. Must have basic computer skills, good communication skills, fork lift experience, and an eye for detail.
First shift position. We offer a competitive wage, excellent benefit package, and the opportunity for promotion from within.
- Reads work orders to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed or packed.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from trucks, pallets, trays, or racks by hand or by utilizing 4 D fork truck, or other fork trucks and moving devices.
- Performs incoming material inspections by comparing materials received to drawings/prints. May measure materials using gages, calipers, micrometers, etc. and compares dimensions to print specifications.
- Enters specific transactions into computer software.
- Communicates professionally with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Maintains safety standards and OSHA compliance.
- Drives company car, pickup truck and van as needed.
1) HS diploma or equivalent.
2) Minimum 3 years warehouse/forklift experience.
3) Ability to maneuver 70 pounds and safely push carts, dollies, and operate other material handling equipment.
4) Basic math skills and the ability to read, write and communicate in English.
5) Good Computer skills
6) Valid Drivers' License
Physical Demands: Warehouse/Manufacturing environment. Requires a frequent amount of physical labor including reaching, lifting, carrying, twisting, stooping, and regular walking/standing across the facility.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities, Female, Veteran, Disabled
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position