Newly created position to join the B&G Manufacturing team!
The Quality Control Manager position develops, implements and maintains quality management systems designed to ensure the required degree of product reliability, conformance, and performance to the various markets served by B & G Manufacturing Co., Inc. Areas of responsibility include:
- Quality Control Inspector Leads
- Quality Control Inspectors
- Quality Control Engineer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Supervise workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Provide technical and statistical expertise to teams.
- Formulate, document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives.
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Interpret quality control philosophy to key personnel within company.
- Provide and oversee inspection activity for product throughout production cycle.
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes, (including gage R&R, measurement uncertainty and GDT).
- Interact with vendors to ensure quality of all purchased parts and outside processes.
- Maintain active role on internal continuous improvement teams.
- Design, develop and implement quality control training programs.
- Oversee calibration of measurement devices.
- Ability to meet regulatory, ISO and customer requirements.
- Technical Capacity
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving / Analytical
- Customer/Client Focus
- Time Management
- Performance Management
- Business Acumen
- B.S. degree or equivalent experience / education combination
- Previous supervisor or manager experience in similar role.
- Previous experience with ISO 9001 and or ISO 13485 Qualification/Maintenance
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software (excel, word, power point).
- Must exhibit problem solving skills and ability to make sound decisions.
- Experience utilizing SAP software.
- Experience in various quality programs related to relevant industries (Medical, Nuclear, Government, Aerospace, etc.)
- Basic ISO 17025 understanding
This is a management position
This is a full time position