The Machine Assembler builds and inspects B & G Manufacturing Stud Master Chamfering Machines from start to finish. This do-it-yourself assembler will apply his/her mechanical and electrical knowledge by planning assembly procedures, assembling components following specifications, verifying operation and shipping the completed unit to customers. When production responsibilities are completed, he or she will rebuild live tooling and do other related machine maintenance or production.
- Must have a strong electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Must be knowledgeable in the proper use and selection of tools and equipment
- Experienced in the use of hand tools
- Possesses the ability to work independently
- Experience in purchasing, process planning and managing inventory
- Can interact professionally with customers and all levels within the organization.
We offer a great benefit package including family health, dental, vision and FSA; immediate inclusion in Company 401k with match; Company paid life ins, short term and long term disability; gym membership subsidy and much more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans assembly procedures and assembles components following specifications. Verifies component operation.
- Packs and crates finished products for shipment when necessary.
- Makes recommendations and assists Inventory and/or Process Control personnel in modifications and corrections of components and/or their locations. Makes recommendations and assists Production Control personnel on related issues.
- Makes cost reduction and/or efficiency recommendations to management when possible.
- Maintains a positive, professional and cooperative attitude in order to assure a leadership example is provided for all personnel. Works as a team member of this company.
Physical Demands Manufacturing environment. Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment; reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, pushing and stooping. Ability to position self to move, install/takeout, adjust, position, measure, and handle materials weighing up to 25 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities / Women / Disabled / Veterans
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position