Based in Fort Lauderdale, this new position will lead Restaurant, Spa and other marketing activities for Auberge Resorts Collection’s (ARC) residential property in Fort Lauderdale.
We are looking for a person with 10+ years of experience in hotel & resort sales & marketing, who has an entrepreneurial approach to business, is passionate about delivering results, wants to create new experiences and is collaborative in nature.
The Director of Marketing will be a functional lead and Executive Committee member, reporting directly to the General Manager. They will assume the lead role in driving Restaurant, Spa and other revenues.
In summary, we are looking for an effective leader who:
- Creates a clearly articulated vision for the Marketing team
- Drives the creation and completion of shared goals and objectives
- Delivers direct and actionable feedback in a timely manner
- Holds team members accountable for their performance
- Leads revenue-generating innovation
- Collaborates with the hotel’s Executive Committee team and other leaders through open and honest communication
- Participates as a strong leader in the local community and business community at large
- Supports and embraces a culture based on trust, integrity and open and honest communication
- Provides strong leadership through the development and support of all team members
- Supports the overall business objectives of the organization
Key Responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Direct and manage all activity related to the Marketing department
- Ability to manage external relationships with contracted agencies such as Public Relations firms and Social Media Agencies
- Frequent and extensive networking within the Broward and Dade communities to appropriately broaden the awareness of both Dune and Spa at ABR
- In addition to the General Manager, manage the day to day relationship and communication with key members of the Marketing team from the ABR Ownership Group as well as other senior leaders from this organization
- Be responsible for team members’ achievement of individual goals
- Be responsible for key account management
- Ensure the achievement of financial objectives on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Participate in sales and marketing activities both on and off property
- Prepare an annual budget and marketing plan for approval and administer that budget in a fiscally responsible manner
- Develop action/work plan and business plan and short/long term strategies, tactics and their relevance to current market conditions and hotel performance. Make necessary recommendations and adjustments.
- Continually review team structure and issues relating to quality, professionalism, and performance to goals, skill sets, training opportunities, compensation, and all other related performance opportunities.
- Responsible for business/marketing plans and individual tactics to achieve all budgeted revenue goals. This includes advertising (consumer, trade, directory, image, tactical), direct marketing, public relations, promotions, external entertainment, familiarization trips, creation and use of collateral and branding tools, package development, travel industry liaison i.e.; agents, consortia and wholesalers, food and beverage marketing, direct sales, and trade shows.
- Ensure implementation and support of all home office marketing initiatives.
- Maintain and capture critical company information within sales, marketing, reservations, and other key sources.
- Identify qualified, skilled sales and marketing professionals and maintain a list of talent for future reference.
- Maintain consistent and quality communication with General Managers, RVPs and home office revenue leaders.
- Previous senior leadership experience within luxury hospitality sales
- Previous experience with launching or marketing Food and Beverage and/or multimillion dollar Spa operations
- An entrepreneurial approach to business with a desire to drive superior results through innovation
- Computer literate in relevant computer applications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities,
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Demonstrated success working for both larger brands and smaller independent hotels
- University/College degree in a related discipline
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting the property.
- The constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: the constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arm's’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: the constant need to speak on the telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
NOTE: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.