Position Title: Spa Attendant Location: Fort Lauderdale
Department: Spa Status: Hourly
Reports To: Spa Operations Manager Date: 9/2018
Clean and maintain the public areas of the spa while supporting the flow of guests in and out of the locker rooms, relaxation area, salon, nail area and all guest amenity bars, spa garden, cabanas. Be an integral team member in the operation of The Spa at Auberge.
- Follow opening procedures to ensure that all robes, towels, beverages and amenities are ready and stocked in the locker rooms, relaxation area and total spa for our guest’s arrival.
- Pick up laundry from dispensary, rooms and hampers. Stock all lockers and linen throughout the day.
- Maintain cleanliness and efficiency of prep room throughout the day. Complete cleaning and organizational projects in the prep room as directed by The Director of Spa Operations.
- Fold linen and put away in linen storage room. Ensure that storage room is well organized and clean.
- Sterilize all sandals, brushes, headsets and combs in accordance with sterilization procedures.
- Stock beverage station continuously throughout day and ensure the locker rooms and relaxation area are clean and organized.
- Stock towels, headsets and water in gym throughout the day.
- Follow all food handling and preparation procedures as documented by food handling training.
- Follow closing procedures to ensure that all lockers are stocked for the next day and equipment is turned off.
- Assist providers with changing of treatment rooms for the next guest.
- Monitor inventory of supplies throughout the month and report any items that are running low to The Director of Spa Operations.
- Assist the Director of Spa Operations with monthly prep room inventory as needed and directed
- Continually strive to improve Spa Attendant procedures, protocols, and efficiency by creating and implementing new systems.
- Assist with the training of new Spa Attendants as directed.
- Follow-up with Director of Spa Operations on all comments, concerns and suggestions made by staff members and resort guests.
- Report to work in appropriate uniform, on time, and well-groomed according to guidelines.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions.
- Available to work holidays, weekends and evenings as needed.
- Model and reinforce all standards and policies.
- Maintain helpful, cooperative relations with co-workers.
Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- Previous customer service and or spa experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work in an environment infused with a variety of scents, such as aromatherapy candles.
- Ability to communicate in basic English, using correct spelling and grammar, with guests, co-workers and management.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality of all guest and resort information.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration, think clearly and follow up.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 15 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
- Ability to work in high heat and cold temperatures.