Why This Job Exists:
Responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks. Performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. painting; electrical; air conditioning (HVAC); plumbing, etc.); Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Inspect buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations.
- Perform minor electrical maintenance, to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures, using the appropriate hand, power, and specialty tools.
- Perform minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, adjusting toilets, etc.).
- Perform painting, drywall repair, carpentry, and masonry work
- Prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools.
- Help clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, parking garage, pool deck, and other areas.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and respond to emergencies.
- High school education.
- Two years of working experience in high rise buildings, spa, or restaurant maintenance.
- Working knowledge of equipment found in high rise buildings.
- Knowledge of locksmithing and pool maintenance is a plus.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Ability to meet or exceed the company’s attendance and punctuality standards.
- Ability to use common tools.
- Ability to understand and follow directions as given.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Color vision
- Ability to push minimum 100 pounds; ability to lift minimum 50 pounds (trash and supplies).
- Ability to climb ladders and step ladders.
- Bending at the waist, sitting, kneeling, laying horizontally, climbing, walking, etc., as the job may require.
- Lifting or pushing up to 50 pounds
- Noise level which may, at times, require normal hearing protection in the form of earplugs
- Lubricating fluids, cleaning solvents, batteries, etc.
- Cleaning fluids normally used in custodial duties
- Paints and solvents
We offer competitive wages, training, and career development. Benefits packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks, and a great working environment.
About Auberge Beach Residences:
Auberge Beach Residences & Spa brings the ultimate in luxury living to Fort Lauderdale’s most extraordinary beachfront property. Exquisitely designed residences, a rich array of indoor and outdoor amenities, a tempting selection of restaurants, and a world-class Auberge branded dining and spa are perfectly located directly on 450 linear feet of pristine Atlantic Ocean beachfront.
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star, and Relais & Chateaux. With distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/aubergeresorts
Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a full time position