- Able to handle high heat and moisture.
- Read, write and speak English fluently.
- Previous experience preferred but not necessary.
- No employee will pose a direct threat to the health/safety of self or others.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Meet service quality standards that affect guest satisfaction; respond to guest questions or problems in a timely, professional manner.
- WORK HABITS: Meet the hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, attendance, and punctuality; report to work and return from breaks on time; give advance notice when the absence is anticipated; require a typical amount of supervision; accept work assignments without complaints.
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT: Accept opportunities to learn new skills, improve the performance or cross-train for other hotel positions; solve routine problems that occur on the job; ask questions when not sure how to complete something; learn new skills as quickly as most others in the same job.
- SAFETY AND SECURITY: Follow the hotel’s recommended safety, security and emergency procedures; follows hotel procedures for key control, lifting heavy objects and/or using chemicals; reports potential security risks and hazardous conditions to management.
- SANITATION: Follow recommended procedures for handling and storing food supplies in order to control food-borne illnesses and food spoilage; maintain sanitary personal hygiene, maintain local health department standards and receive a passing score on inspections.
- CLEANING/MAINTENANCE: Meet the hotel standards for cleanliness of food service areas; clean all assigned areas of the restaurant, lounge or kitchen on schedule; pass most inspections.
- Empty and wash garbage cans.
- Dispose of trash in proper area when needed
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and sanitation in the kitchen.
- Maintain proper storage of dish dollies, glass racks, and flatware.
- Maintain work areas clean and organized.
- Report all unsafe conditions immediately.
- Store plates on hot and cold lines for cooks.
- Wash, organize and inventory china, glassware, silverware, utensils, pots, and pans per standards.
- Clean and monitor dish machine as needed.
- Sweep and mop walk-in refrigerators, kitchen areas.
- Understand and provide chemicals and supplies for the station.
- Attend all mandatory meetings.
- Cover plate dollies and return all carts to the storage area.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor to include cross training.
- Lift heavy objects, put supplies and dishes away, lower shelving in walk-ins and storage areas.
- Loading and unloading dishes and supplies.
- Putting glasses, pots, and silver supplies away; step ladder and stepping stool.
- Putting dishes, silver and other supplies away and working with hot equipment.
- Handling Pots, pans, dishes silverware, glasses, chemicals, soaps, hot water.
- Pushing Racks, carts. Average weight up to 100 lbs.; Occasionally. Maximum weight 200 lbs.
- Lifting supplies, plates, pots, pans, glasses, mops, chemicals. Average weight 50 lbs.; Occasionally. Maximum weight 100 lbs.
- Meet deadlines as required. Meet multiple priorities of business demands. Adjust to schedule changes, cover shifts on short notice.
- Work a variety of hours, varied tasks under varied conditions.
- Must change pace as business demands.
- Attention to detail of cleaning, safety, sanitation.
- SAFETY REQUIREMENTS (I.E., CLOTHING, SAFETY EQUIPMENT REQUIRED, ACTIVITIES PERFORMED): Constantly. Safety shoes, utilize proper guards, follow proper safety procedures and use proper lifting techniques. Maintain security of work area and equipment while maintaining the level of safety required by Auberge Beach Residences & Spa and OSHA requirements.
- EXPOSURES (FUMES, CHEMICALS, VIBRATIONS, HUMIDITY, COLD, HEAT, DUST, NOISE): Constantly. Exposed to changing temperatures, slippery floors, bacteria in foods, noise, and vibrations.
- OPERATION OF EQUIPMENT/TOOLS/VEHICLES: Constantly. All dish room equipment.
This is a hourly positions position
Visit Careers at Auberge Beach Residences & Spa - Fort Lauderdale