Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Auberge Beach Residences & Spa brings the ultimate in luxury living to Fort Lauderdale’s most extraordinary beachfront property. Exquisitely designed residences, a rich array of indoor and outdoor amenities, a tempting selection of restaurants, and a world-class Auberge branded dining and spa are perfectly located directly on 450 linear feet of pristine Atlantic Ocean beachfront.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our team as Painter at Auberge Beach Residences & Spa. The Painter is responsible for ensuring that all public areas are well maintained and in pristine conditions as well as the rest of the property's areas. Provide professional customer service to the residents/guests ensuring all requests are handled promptly and efficiently, and providing guests and employees with a safe and orderly environment.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Apply paint, stain, varnish, enamel, and other finishes to property walls, ceilings, and furniture using brushes, spray guns, or rollers while maintaining property color scheme specifications.
- Apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, such as bare wood or metal, for finish coats.
- Remove old finishes by stripping, sanding, wire brushing, burning, or using water and/or abrasive blasting.
- Cover surfaces with drop cloths or masking tape and paper for protection during painting and post appropriate paint signs.
- Clean up and store paint and painting tools and equipment in appropriate areas.
- Coordinate with vendors in order to modify colors of paint, stain, or varnish with oil, thinning, and drying additives in order to obtain desired colors and consistency.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Report any serious maintenance problems, unusual findings, or safety hazards immediately to the manager/supervisor.
- This role is part of the Engineering team and, therefore, will be expected to help with Engineering tasks as needed.
- Minimum one-year experience in a related field.
- Ability to communicate in English with team members and guests.
- Basic knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to maintain preventive maintenance logs.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.