The Dune barback is responsible for supporting the bartenders mission of delivering memorable drinking and dining experiences at the bar. You deliver stock and assure all glassware, service ware and tools are in place to assure speedy and efficient guest service. In addition, barbacks will deliver food and beverage orders to pool guests. Barbacks possess great team spirit and aspire to learn the fine art of crafting cocktails and gaining knowledge of beer, wine and spirits. You assist in controlling costs by managing an accurate par stock and limiting waste.
- Communicate effectively in English with co-workers and management to their understanding
- Greeting and acknowledging all guests within 1 minute of approaching and / or sitting at the bar
- Passionate desire to connect with guests and live the Dune brand
- Maintain par stocks of all bar tools and beverages before, during and after each shift
- Maintain required par stock of clean and polished glassware and service ware
- Growing knowledge of wine, beer, liquor, non-alcoholic and cocktail recipes and ingredients
- Working knowledge of Dune's menus, ingredients and culinary philosophies.
- Punctuality. Demonstrates regular and reliable attendance
- Maintain complete knowledge of and compliance to state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons, and drunk driving. Request proof of age from guests when legal age is questioned (anyone appearing under the age of 30 should be asked for identification)
- Keep work area clean and organized maintaining health safety procedures for guests
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper dining set-up and dress code
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment, and use equipment only as intended
- Bid farewell to all guests with an invitation to return
- Deliver pool guest food and beverage items upon request
- Perform all opening, closing and side duties as assigned
- Secure bar areas according to procedure and return keys to their assigned location
- Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages
- Experience in hospitality and / or service industry
- TIPS training or equivalent
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration, and think clearly while providing service to many guests at any given time
- Ability to accurately compute and manipulate mathematical calculation
- Work well under pressure and able to handle multiple tasks at once
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors, sometimes experiencing extreme fluctuations in temperature
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, such as reaching, bending and stooping.
- Ability to stand and/or walk continuously throughout the shift to perform essential job functions
- Sufficient manual dexterity to be able to grasp, load, and carry tools
- Ability to endure repetitive motions for extended periods of time
- Ability to maintain good coordination while serving orders quickly
- Ability to grasp, bend, and stoop; push or pull heavy loads weighing up to 50 lbs; and, lift and/or carry or otherwise move received packages, bottles and boxes
NOTE: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Department: Food & Beverage
This is a hourly positions position
Visit Careers at Auberge Beach Residences & Spa - Fort Lauderdale