Position Summary/Scope of Responsibility:
The Massage Manager will focus on all areas of management that directly correlate to providing exceptional massage therapy at their specific Burke Williams location. This would include facilitating therapist training, communication, therapist evaluations, focusing on therapist retention and recognition, increasing morale, and providing ongoing therapist development focused on elevating the quality of service. In addition, the massage manager is responsible for ensuring that new hire and ongoing specialty training support our treatment protocols, mission statement, and guiding principles. The Massage Manager must also lead by example and encourage the standards of ACT/pride and graciousness in the massage team.
The Massage Manager reports directly to both their location’s General Manager and the company’s Vice President of Treatments & Development. The Massage Manager will work alongside their location’s core management team and the Vice President of Treatments & Development to achieve the goals and vision for the massage department.
Primary Job Duties/Expectations:
- -Represent and maintain massage standards as taught in new hire training. Uphold and maintain all service standards and service protocols as taught in new hire training.
- -Maintain complete and current knowledge of all treatment protocols, product knowledge, and additional items to facilitate ongoing new hire and specialty training.
- -Attend and participate in massage leadership team meetings.
- -Develop and implement ongoing follow up programs to support massage therapists in achieving their evaluation benchmarks.
- -Address and successfully resolve guest discounts and complaints in partnership with Assistant Facility Manager when necessary.
- -Address and successfully follow up with therapists based on guest feedback via web site, facility surveys, Guest Services, comment cards, discount details, etc.
- -Develop and implement communication systems for therapist to give immediate guest feedback to management.
- -Support and facilitate Massage Therapist attendance at training for specialty treatments, enhancements and new service launches.
- -Perform Massage Therapist Annual Evaluations. When applicable, create performance plan, including follow up training plan and check in points.
- -Maintain thorough understanding of all policies, procedures and guidelines for Burke Williams Massage Therapists.
- -Implement and encourage ongoing staff recognition.
- -Uphold and create ongoing awareness for training and standard on boundaries and draping policies.
- -Schedule, plan, and execute massage team meetings in partnership with facility core team.
- -Focus on hands on development with all massage therapists
- -Support and facilitate ongoing development of massage team to support enhancements, return rate and department specific treatment, and specialty sales with the focus on treatment customization.
- -Focus on creating awareness on member retention and supporting successful resolution of member issues arising from guest complaints and feedback given by member to massage team. Partner with General Manager and core management team on planning.
- -Successful integration and onboarding on new hired massage therapists.
- -Ensure a positive and professional cooperative team environment that promotes trust, integrity, and superior performance that protects Burke Williams’ interests as Employer of Choice for all employees.
- -Demonstrate integrity, honesty and knowledge to promote company culture, values and mission both in the work environment and at all employer events.
- - Exercise patience and understanding when coaching and counseling.
- - Provide a safe place for your staff to communicate and express concerns and grievances.
- -Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook
- -Basic knowledge of FTS and its report functions
- -Ability to understand budgets, sales, training, and scheduling - and time management impact
- -Proficient writing skills; ability to convey written text with eloquence and proper diction.
- -Exceptional massage skills and desire to inspire Burke Williams on new and innovative techniques
- Ideal candidate demonstrates high degree of professionalism and etiquette in communication, attitude, and teamwork with guests, peers, and management team.
- Valid Massage License
- Minimum 5 Years’ experience in a high volume massage environment
- Training or Mentor experience a plus.
Deadline to apply: 1/18/19
At Burke Williams, we don't just accept difference—we celebrate it! Burke Williams is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, marital status, physical and mental disability, military and Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs