Plans and performs a variety of operations utilizing conventional machines to cut, shape, or form metal work pieces to specifications by performing the following duties.
- Interprets basic drawings, work instructions, and OCS/OS to determine work to be done.
- Performs a variety of milling, drilling, boring, grinding and turning on conventional machines or related operations to close and interrelated tolerances.
- reviews OCS / OS sheet and specifications to determine machining sequence, dimensions of finished work piece and tooling requirements.
- Performs a variety of inspection and gaging operations to insure maintenance of quality standards and specifications (metric & inch).
- Performs preventative maintenance as required.
- Engages in activities that create a continuous improvement environment, sustains Lean processes, suggests areas of improvement in quality, cost, delivery, and safety, and actively supports Lean, 5S and Value Stream Management initiatives.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or Level 1 Operator: zero to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate with others at all levels of the organization.
- Practical understanding of workplace 5S and lean manufacturing principles.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals. Ability to use and interpret SPC data as required.
Blueprint reading, must be able to calculate metric and standard measurements. Knowledge of basic measuring and testing equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employee will occasionally be exposed to chemicals such as cutting fluids, coolants and oils.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
Speaks clearly and persuasively. Listens and gets clarification; participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information. Follows policies and procedures; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Meets productivity standards. Observes safety and security procedures. Adapts to changes in the work environment.