Responsible for prepping, loading and unloading product to assure operating procedures are met in order to achieve quality and production goal requirements.
· Interprets OCS/OS instructions and process sheets such as OCV’s and material matrix to determine work to be done for the treatment of production parts.
· Degreases parts and performs manual operations and machine operations to eliminate all oxides.
· Processes parts for degreasing, chrome plating, phosphating, oiling and/or rinse tanks. If required, operates oven for hydrogen embrittlement relief.
· Inspects barrels for bore and rifling on air column gages as required.
· Monitors specified temperature of baths.
· Replaces anodes and cathodes of chrome plating equipment to include monitoring tooling, racks, fixtures, etc. for repair or replacement as required.
· Checks plating process using sensitive instruments, including micrometers, calipers and permascope as required.
· Performs other duties as required.
· Understands the basic principles of 5S and Lean Manufacturing Concepts.
· Familiar with ISO, AS9100 and NADCAP.
· Understands/comprehends routing structure, time and flow.
- Performs all Level I duties mentioned above.
- Must have at least 6 months experience as a Level I operator.
- Performs rework on chrome and phosphate product as needed.
- Visual bore certification is required.
- Able to operate chrome line system to include retrieving recipes for all parts and be able to adjust plating times as needed.
- Able to train Surface Finish Operator Level ones.
- Responsible for visual quality of pre and post plate product.
Responsible for all aspects of Surface Finish internal process inspection through product completion.
Education/ Experience Requirements:
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in chrome plating, phosphate coating and air gaging experience.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate with others at all levels of the organization.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals.
· Blueprint reading. Knowledge of basic measuring and testing equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; extreme heat and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
Speaks clearly and persuasively. Listens and gets clarification; participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information. Follows policies and procedures; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Meets productivity standards. Observes safety and security procedures. Adapts to changes in the work environment.
The Surface Finish Operators I are responsible to the Production Supervisor.
This is a temp-hire position