The Surface Finish Operator I is responsible for prepping, loading, and unloading product to assure operating procedures are met in order to achieve quality and production goal requirements.
- Interprets Operation Control Sheets (OCSs)/Operations Standards (OS) instructions and process sheets.
- Degreases parts and performs manual operations and machine operations to eliminate all oxides.
- Processes parts for degreasing, chrome plating, phosphating, oiling, and/or rinse tanks. If required, operates oven for hydrogen embrittlement relief. Inspects barrels for bore and rifling on air column gages.
- Monitors specified temperatures of baths.
- Replaces anodes and cathodes of chrome plating equipment to include monitoring tooling, racks, fixtures, etc. for repair or replacement.
- Checks plating process using sensitive instruments, including micrometers, calipers, and permascopes.
- Informs supervisor of work in process as requested. Keeps supervisor informed and updated as to any issues which may arise in the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
Previous experience in chrome plating, phosphate coating and air gaging is preferred.
Skills and Competencies
Expected to demonstrate accountability, collaboration, communication, customer focus, and innovation. Additional requirements of this position include:
- Familiarity with ISO, AS 9100 and National Aerospace and Defense Contractors Accreditation Program
- Understanding and comprehension of routing structure, time, and flow
- Blueprint reading
- Knowledge of basic measurement and testing equipment
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate with others at all levels of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
Please complete application online or email your resume to email@example.com with the subject line titled "Surface Finisher".
This is a temp-hire position