Our client is seeking a Site Maintenance Technician for their Midlands production facility. The Maintenance tech will be responsible for assisting equipment installations, performing preventative maintenance, moderately complex troubleshooting and repairs of production line manufacturing and facility equipment for the purpose of minimizing down-time and achieving production goals.
Essential functions for position include, but are not limited to:• Monitor machine operations and observe indicator lights and gauges to detect malfunctions.
• Confer with operators and observe, test, and evaluate operations of machinery and equipment to diagnose cause of malfunction.
• Disassemble machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
• Repair, replace, adjust, and align components of machinery and equipment.
• Fabricate replacement parts.
• Assemble, install, and/or repair wiring, electrical, and electronic components.
• Test-run repaired machinery and equipment to verify adequacy of repairs.
• Clean and lubricate machine components and equipment to maintain in working order.
• Examine parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear.
• Record repairs and maintenance performed
• Inspect drives, motors, belts and hydraulics, check fluid levels, replace filters, and perform other maintenance actions.
• Provide assistance to more skilled workers involved in the adjustments, maintenance, part replacement, and repair of tools, equipment, and machines.
• Ability to perform any mechanical and electrical maintenance on machinery and equipment.
• Ability to determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
• Ability to troubleshoot – determining the cause of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
• Ability to use a multimeter for troubleshooting electrical problems.
Work Keys Scores as determined
• Proficient in MS Windows (particularly Word and Excel).
• Ability to read and understand equipment manuals and drawings as needed.
• Working knowledge of lock out/tag out, confined space, and hot work permit procedures.
• Experience in effectively communication both verbally and written
• Standing / Walking: Constantly, throughout 12-hour work shift
• Sitting: Infrequently, during breaks and lunch
• Lift / Carry: Frequently, 1-70 lbs., equipment, supplies, products
• Bending / Twisting: Frequently, at waist, knees, and neck throughout work shift. •Some twisting is required, but can be avoided with attention to proper body mechanics.
• Kneeling / Crouching: Infrequently, may be required while retrieving supplies from lower shelves
• Hands / Arms: Constant use in reaching, handling, grasping, and using fingers while operating equipment and tools. Overhead reaching required throughout shift.
• Sight: Constantly, in performing job tasks and maintaining safety standards on the job. Requires depth perception
This is a full time position