The Shipping and Receiving person must be able to perform the tasks involved in the receiving, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies, and/or equipment using the Inventory System.. This is an entry level position but requires prior experience in Shipping and Receiving.
* Accurately receives vendor/Group materials by checking and counting goods received against purchase orders or invoices.
* Maintains records/logs of received goods, bringing discrepancies in the order to the attention of supervision.
* Puts materials received into Stores in preparation for use.
* Picks shop orders and replenishes Kanbans for Supply Material Handlers ensuring that the manufacturing process has the parts it needs.
* Prepares components and castings for storage from receiving dock.
* Picks customer orders from the Stores area and packs the orders in a manner that ensures accuracy and protects the product from damage during shipment.
* Accountable and responsible for all safety and environmental compliance as it relates to the position. *Demonstrates knowledge of general safety, security, and environmental regulations.
* Adheres to 5S objectives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, competencies and/or ability required.
*High school graduate or equivalent plus one (1) to two (2) years experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Basic computer skills with ability to quickly learn industry specific software.
* Experience with Demand Flow Technology (DFT) manufacturing a plus.
None required. Must be able to be certified on forklift and other equipment.
This is a non-management position
Visit Careers at CIS