Our client is seeking a Maintenance Technician for their Midlands production facility. The Maintenance tech will be responsible for assisting equipment installations, performing preventative maintenance, moderately complex troubleshooting and repairs of production line manufacturing and facility equipment for the purpose of minimizing down-time and achieving production goals.
Essential functions for position include, but are not limited to:
- Performs troubleshooting of equipment and control systems including hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical.
- Basic understanding of PLC’s.
- Performs preventative maintenance to all equipment within the facility.
- Responds quickly and aggressively to equipment down time.
- Diagnose equipment failures.
- Dismantles, repairs and reassembles complex equipment.
- Performs repairs and installation of electrical wiring and controls.
- Performs repairs on various piping systems.
- Fabricates, repairs and rebuilds parts using welders, drills and lathes.
- Works from manuals and maintenance schedules.
- Enters parts removed into compute system; Completes work orders in computer system
- Perform general carpentry.
- Moving and rigging of heavy equipment for repair and installation.
- Provides accurate lists of parts used or needed to complete tasks.
- Cross train in other areas.
- Assist other operators to ensure timely shipment of product.
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned work areas including equipment, tools, and work surfaces.
- Use Lean/Six Sigma Methodologies to improve the process.
- All employees will be required to participate in training and continuous improvement events.
- Ability to work within a company registered/compliant to National and International Standards and Requirements, and contribute to those standards and requirements. For example: ISO, EICC, OSHA, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Previous experience using a PC.
- 2 years specialized technical training.
- 3 years industrial maintenance experience required.
- Welding or machining or electrical experience required.
- Experience in hydraulics, pneumatics, boilers, chillers & HVAC preferred.
- PLC & VFD experience a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports.
- Ability speak effectively to other team members.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
This is a temp-hire position
Visit Careers at CIS