CIS is recruiting for a Maintenance Tech II for a client in the Northeast area of Columbia!!! Excellent company with great benefits once hired. The chosen candidate will have knowledge of working on/repairing CNC machines!
The Maintenance Technician II position is responsible for performing duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive, and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of clients business goals and objectives.
- Performs highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Performs mechanical skills including but limited to mechanical, electrical, HVAC, pneumatic, hydraulic, PLC’s, and Ladder Logic. Troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Able to read and interpret equipment manuals, schematic, and electrical drawings as well as work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnoses problems, replacing or repairing parts, testing and making adjustments.
- Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facilities.
- Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly work area.
- Engages in activities that create a continuous improvement environment, sustains lean processes, suggests areas of improvement in quality, cost, delivery, and safety, and actively supports lean, 5S, and value stream management initiatives.
- Trains and leads all those in positions below his grade.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Seven to ten years machining experience with increasing complexity and responsibility.
- Practical understanding of workplace 5S and lean manufacturing principles.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally walk, sit, and reach with hands or arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following: Speaks clearly and persuasively. Listens and gets clarification; Participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information. Follows policies and procedures; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Meets productivity standards. Observes safety and security procedures. Adapts to change in the work environment.
Apply online and submit an updated resume.
This is a temp-hire position