We currently have an opening for a Production Assistant.
Day Shift: Monday to Friday 7:00am-3:30pm
Afternoon Shift: Monday to Thursday 3:30pm-1:30am
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up the machine to produce the required production following the instructions on a work order
- Covering for operator in his/her absence
- Starts the run and keeps constant watch during production
- ensure quantity and quality objectives are being met;
- General Helper assistance is available when required
- Feed machines as required
- Handles cleaning of the work site and carries out regular maintenance
- Works overtime when required
- Enter orders into computer
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates good judgment in examining and resolving problems and respects the confidentiality of company business and customers
- Maintains positive work relationship with co-workers and is a good team member
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions either in written, oral, diagram, and/or schedule format
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and email correspondence
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma
- 1-2 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in flexo printing/ corrugated industry would be considered an asset
The Central Group is committed to equal opportunity employment. Accommodations are available upon request from people with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About The Central Group of Companies
The Central Group of Companies is a Platinum Best-Managed Company, and an industry leader in Performance at Retail. For 40+ years, Central has provided its impressive client base with retail packaging, displays, and fixtures that deliver measurable results. We combine proprietary shopper marketing techniques with award-winning design, excellence in operations and retail installation, to bring innovative and value-engineered solutions to our clients.
This is a full time position
Categories: Machine Operator