Who are NTE Mobility Partners and LBJ Infrastructure Group?
NTE Mobility Partners (NTEMP) and LBJ Infrastructure Group (LBJIG) are individual concession projects that include the equity partners Cintra US, Meridiam Infrastructure and the Dallas Police & Fire Pension System. Both multibillion-dollar projects were approved in 2009 by the Texas Legislature as Public, Private Partnership (P3) Comprehensive Development Agreements (CDA) with the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT).
NTEMP is the developer and operator of the North Tarrant Express (NTE) and NTE 35W projects in North Texas. The $2.1 billion NTE was the only P3 highway project in the United States in which the private sector assumed all the risks, that obtained financial close. NTEMP partnered with Ferrovial Agroman and Webber Construction to build the NTE and opened the 13.3-mile facility 9 months ahead of schedule in October 2014. During construction, the NTE project employed more than 160 local and regional subcontractors and nearly 3000 workers at its peak. NTEMP currently maintains and operates the corridor until 2061.
LBJIG is the developer and operator of the LBJ Express Project (IH-35E & IH-635 in North Dallas). The $2.7 billion project is the largest P3 of its kind in Texas. Construction of the 13.3-mile LBJ project was a collaboration with Ferrovial Agroman and Texas-based Webber and was completed nearly two months ahead of schedule in September 2015. At its peak, the LBJ employed more than 2,200 Texans and integrated more than 160 other Texas companies and their employees into the project. LBJIG currently operates and maintains the corridor until 2061.
Cintra US is a world leader in private-sector development of transportation infrastructure, Meridiam Infrastructure is a global public-private partnership investor and developer of public facilities, and the Dallas Police and Fire Pension System is the first in the nation to invest in a major highway infrastructure project.
What makes us different?
Our people come first. We want every single employee to develop both professionally and personally. With a strong focus on growth potential, we look to our internal employees as potential candidates for both national and international opportunities. We aim to achieve greatness by promoting from within every chance we get. We work hard and play hard and strive every day for success and achievement. With a diverse group of professionals working in a fast-paced environment, we achieve milestones constantly. And if that weren’t enough, we also offer our employees highly competitive insurance benefits, Paid Time Off, and a matching 401k program.
Your next calling:
As the TMC Operator, will have the opportunity to monitor the roadways including detecting, confirming, updating and responding to scheduled and unscheduled traffic incidents, congestion and monitoring of dynamic toll pricing on the IH 635 (LBJ) and North Tarrant Express (NTE) Managed Lanes Projects. The operator position is the eyes and ears of detection and management of all activities being handled by the TMC. The person in this position will work in a "state of the art" new Traffic Management Center.
Functions key to success:
- Detects and responds to traffic management data information from multiple real-time sources such as alarms, traffic flow maps, closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras, video display wall, police radio scanners, phone calls, and other sources
- Verifies and classifies traffic events such as congestion, incidents, special events, construction, and device malfunctions using CCTV and coordination with other personnel
- Views, creates, modifies, and enables response scenario plans when traffic event is detected. Evaluates and responds to major incidents by determining lanes blocked, injuries, fatalities, spills, and estimated incident duration and by confirming First Responders
- Operates pan-tilt-zoom cameras and scans multiple monitors to monitor, verify, and diagnose traffic events and to assure the proper functioning of equipment. Monitors and evaluates environmental conditions (AQM) and Roadway Weather Information Systems (RWIS)
- Activates and changes Dynamic Message Signs (DMS) to include traveler information and to notify travelers of traffic events
- Detects and verifies field device failures with system diagnostics (MOMS). Responds to device failure, including actions such as acknowledgement of alarm, viewing and evaluating data, determining location, attempting reset, classifying alarm, recording type, and providing notification to the TMC manager and maintenance technicians
- Updates traffic information on websites and reversible HOV lane operation conditions
- Communicates with the TMC Manager and dispatches maintenance technicians, and interagency traffic management personnel (including local emergency service dispatch personnel) about traffic management and traffic events
- Coordinates with and dispatches the incident management team, interagency traffic management personnel (such as other TMC operators (DalTRANS, NTTA, DART), First Responders, emergency personnel, and other private providers) during confirmed incidents, emergencies and before special events
- Working with Toll Rate sings to effectively control revenue generating devices which directly impact motorist
- Assists with data collection to include in monthly reports, travel speed and travel time reports, incident reports and any other reports that are requested
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
You’ve worked hard to achieve success in your educational career, now put it to use. If you have a High School diploma or GED, you are half way there with the needed abilities for this position. Have you worked in the transportation, public safety, or commercial operations environment? If the answer is yes, you can check off another box. We also prefer some dispatching experience but this is not required
With success comes a high level of professionalism. We already know you possess the following qualities, but we just wanted to remind you of what’s important to LBJ:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relations with all upper management, other departments, State agencies, general public and fellow personnel
- Must be able to multitask, problem solve, and implement innovative processes within a fast paced environment while remaining calm and effective under pressure
- Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Type at least 30-35 WPM
- Accurately and quickly read maps
- Knowledge of local and regional geographical area
- Ability to coordinate real time activities and initiate immediate priorities, for self and support
- Good teamwork skills and active working attitude required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to demonstrate computer skills proficiency, especially with respect to Microsoft Office and other PC based programs and basic general office
Our working environment:
LBJ wants to ensure that all of their employees are comfortable and able to work in the type of culture and environment we have built our business on. Our office is typically quiet with low noise levels; however, you will often hear employees laughing and commiserating amongst themselves. Effective communication will be key for this role and will require you to talk and hear others. You will probably spend the majority of your time sitting and/or walking around the office. It will be important to have the ability and willingness to arrive at work punctually, work all scheduled hours, including weekends, holidays, shift work and any required overtime when necessary. There could be a time when you may need to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, but not very often. Specific vision abilities required include the ability to adjust and maintain focus to use a computer and clearly interpret events on the video wall. Finally, there may be some light travel to and work from a remote location for short duration. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Our Benefits
- Medical and Dental Insurance for employee, spouse and dependents (company pays 90% of premiums)
- Vision Insurance
- 24-hour nurse support hotline
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Company paid Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 401k - fully invested at enrollment (with an up to 3.5% match)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position