As a TMC Operator, you will be responsible for monitoring traffic conditions as well as dynamic toll pricing on IH 635 (LBJ) and North Tarrant Express (NTE) Managed Lanes Projects. The Operator will use continual monitoring to identify events or obstructions that impede motorist safety and the effective flow of traffic.
Functions key to success:
• Uses closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras, and several other means (networks, Waze, etc.) to detect, verify, and coordinate response to traffic events, such as accidents, congestion, construction, spills, etc
• Monitors and visually confirm rates displayed on Toll Rate Sign (TRS) are accurate and manually adjusting, if needed, based on traffic conditions and according to established guidelines and business rules
• Communicates via telephone and/or radio with incident responders, field personnel, the general public, and other public and private agencies to report and receive information concerning road hazards and or obstructions
• Sends Traffic Advisories emails and updates classifying the accident type, severity and outlining the event details ex., injuries, lanes blocked, traffic backup, property damage, etc
• Activate and update Dynamic Message Signs (DMS) to notify motorist of ongoing traffic events, associated back-ups, delays, alternative routes, and Amber/Silver alerts
• Detects and verifies field device failures with system diagnostics (MOMS) and provide rapid notification to ITS Maintenance staff for remedy
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
What you bring to the table:
You’ve worked hard to achieve success in your educational career, now put it to use. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to satisfactorily fulfill those duties.
With success comes a high level of professionalism. We already know you possess the following qualities, but we just wanted to remind you of what’s important to LBJ:
• Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred but will consider High School Diploma or equivalent
• 1 to 2 years job experience in transportation, traffic management, incidence response, radio dispatch,
or a commercial operations environment or similar preferred.
• Familiarity with Dallas LBJ I–635, Mid-Cities Region I-183, Fort Worth 35W and I-820 geography is a
• Punctual with reliable adherence to schedule
• Ability and willingness to work schedules that may include nights and week-ends
• Ability to take direction and follow detailed procedures
• Able to multitask, problem solve, and implement solutions within a fast-paced environment while
remaining calm and effective under pressure
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relations with all internal and external staff and the general
• Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills
• Ability to understand and read maps
• Can type a minimum of 30-35 WPM
Finally, in a technology driven world, it’s important to know your way around a computer. For this role, it will be important to know the basics of the following:
- Must be able to demonstrate computer skills proficiency, especially with respect to Microsoft Office and other PC based programs
Our working environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
• The employee may be required, in rare instances, to travel to and from NTE Traffic Management
Center for short duration.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus, as necessary to use a
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
• The employee is frequently required to sit
• The position is defined as essential personnel and may require additional hours and flexibility of
scheduling in response to increased demands or significant events.
About Our Benefits
- Medical and Dental Insurance for employee, spouse and dependents (company pays 90% of premiums)
- Vision Insurance
- 24-hour nurse support hotline
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Company paid Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 401k - fully invested at enrollment (with an up to 3.5% match)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Who are NTE Mobility Partners and LBJ Infrastructure Group?
LBJ Infrastructure Group (LBJIG), NTE Mobility Partners (NTEMP) and NTE Mobility Partners Segments 3 (NTEMPS3) are made up of Cintra-led consortiums to finance, design, build, operate and maintain three major D-FW highway corridors: North Tarrant Express, LBJ Express and NTE I-35W. These projects have improved mobility by adding capacity through a combination of general highway lanes and continuous frontage roads, along with tolled express lanes (TEXpress Lanes) that use variable pricing to keep traffic flowing even during peak travel times. The $6.1 billion projects span 36.8 miles and provide some of the most innovative, congestion management solutions in North Texas.
What makes us different?
Our people come first. We want every single employee to develop both professionally and personally. With a strong focus on growth potential, we look to our internal employees as potential candidates for both national and international opportunities. We aim to achieve greatness by promoting from within every chance we get. We work hard and play hard and strive every day for success and achievement. With a diverse group of professionals working in a fast-paced environment, we achieve milestones constantly. And if that weren’t enough, we also offer our employees highly competitive insurance benefits, Paid Time Off, and a matching 401k program.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position