NTE Mobility Partners (NTEMP) and LBJ Infrastructure Group (LBJIG) are individual concession projects that include the equity partners Cintra US, Meridiam Infrastructure and the Dallas Police & Fire Pension System. Both multibillion-dollar projects were approved in 2009 by the Texas Legislature as Public, Private Partnership (P3) Comprehensive Development Agreements (CDA) with the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT).
NTEMP is the developer and operator of the North Tarrant Express (NTE) and NTE 35W projects in North Texas. The $2.1 billion NTE was the only P3 highway project in the United States in which the private sector assumed all the risks, that obtained financial close. NTEMP partnered with Ferrovial Agroman and Webber Construction to build the NTE and opened the 13.3-mile facility 9 months ahead of schedule in October 2014. During construction, the NTE project employed more than 160 local and regional subcontractors and nearly 3000 workers at its peak. NTEMP currently maintains and operates the corridor until 2061.
LBJIG is the developer and operator of the LBJ Express Project (IH-35E & IH-635 in North Dallas). The $2.7 billion project is the largest P3 of its kind in Texas. Construction of the 13.3-mile LBJ project was a collaboration with Ferrovial Agroman and Texas-based Webber and was completed nearly two months ahead of schedule in September 2015. At its peak, the LBJ employed more than 2,200 Texans and integrated more than 160 other Texas companies and their employees into the project. LBJIG currently operates and maintains the corridor until 2061.
Cintra US is a world leader in private-sector development of transportation infrastructure, Meridiam Infrastructure is a global public-private partnership investor and developer of public facilities, and the Dallas Police and Fire Pension System is the first in the nation to invest in a major highway infrastructure project.
What makes us different?
Our people come first. We want every single employee to develop both professionally and personally. With a strong focus on growth potential, we look to our internal employees as potential candidates for both national and international opportunities. We aim to achieve greatness by promoting from within every chance we get. We work hard and play hard and strive every day for success and achievement. With a diverse group of professionals working in a fast-paced environment, we achieve milestones constantly. And if that weren’t enough, we also offer our employees highly competitive insurance benefits, Paid Time Off, and a matching 401k program.
Your next calling:
As the Roadway Maintenance Technician, will have the opportunity to be part of a highly trained team operating automotive and maintenance equipment to perform skilled maintenance duties as well as transporting materials, equipment and maintenance personnel .You will work as a team, receiving assignments from the Maintenance Supervisor, Manager and Traffic Management Center Operators. On occasion, you may be asked to supervise personnel on various job assignments and you may have the opportunity to train less experienced personnel on equipment operation and roadway maintenance as you grown in this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate assigned automotive equipment and construction equipment such as tractor, mowers, sweepers, flush trucks, tow trucks, bucket trucks and snowplow trucks
- Inspect equipment for proper operating condition, make minor repairs or adjustments, lubricate and assist in making repairs as required, including minor welding repairs
- Perform miscellaneous skilled maintenance on the corridor for NTE and NTE 35W as required
- Perform miscellaneous duties, such as snow and ice control, general traffic control, pavement repair, pot hole repairs, landscaping, painting, relamping, miscellaneous barrier repairs
- Perform miscellaneous building maintenance as required
- Any other job duties as assigned
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to fulfil the duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience & Certification:
- Desired experience in civil works/construction (e.g. building, renovations, repairs, service, etc.).
- Must possess a Class “A” Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with endorsement of air brakes, or a valid class “B” CDL permit with the above endorsement, or the ability to obtain a CDL within 120 days of employment
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint) and other PC-based software
- Ability to interact with colleagues in a team structure
- Must be able to multitask and problem solve within a fast paced environment
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment may be moderate to high at times given that the employee will be working around heavy machinery
- Some roadway travel required
- The employee must be able to individually lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, drive, and sit for long periods of time
About Our Benefits
- Medical and Dental Insurance for Employee, Spouse and Dependents (company pays 90% of premiums)
- Vision Insurance
- 24-hour Nurse Support Hotline
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Company Paid Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- 401k - Fully Invested at Enrollment (with an up to 3.5% match)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position