Quality Engineer will assist the Quality Assurance Manager with the implementation and management of the company quality assurance systems, guidelines and customer demands in accordance with AS9100 and ISO9001 standards in order to meet or exceed customer and company quality expectations in a safe environment.
Quality Engineer leads the departmental effort in the area of continuous improvement including, but not limited to controlling data, develop specification limits for inspection and operation, review and approval of periodic test results in assigned areas (i.e. heat treat, welding, chemical processing).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to testing and evaluating precision and accuracy of products. Designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms, performs statistical studies to access compliance, product reliability and personnel competency levels. Designs and develops internal audit system to identify problems or deviations from the specifications, measure compliance, and develop planning activities, R&D and management for new programs.
This position requires the ability to supervise others, generate reports for customers and deliver oral presentations
Bachelors degree in Business, Quality Assurance, Engineering or Aerospace, related field or 5 yrs min related work experience
- Knowledge of Sand Casting, Machining, Outside Processing, specifically Surface Finishing Process Preferred
- Working knowledge of AS 9102 and AS 9103 a Plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with all employees
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Drawing interpretation, basic algebra, geometry and statistics
- Experience conducting internal audits using NADCAP Audit checklist for Heat Treatment
- Experience operating within relevant regulatory requirements, e.g., FAA, OSHA, DCMA, ISO Systems, Quality Assurance/Control and Cost Systems
- Internal Audit/Supplier Audit & Corrective Action Response
- ASNT or ASQ certification, Lean Manufacturing, FMEA, Process Control, SPC, CAD preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead, train, and motivate others
POSITION REQUIRES ABILITY TO DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Problem-Analysis and Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Manage Execution
- Adaptive Resilience
- Team Leadership
- Ability to Multi-task
CPP-Cudahy offers its employees a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, Employer subsidized 401K, and life insurance. Check us out at www.cppcorp.com to learn more about our products and CPP Corporation. Apply to the position directly at www.cppcorp.com/careers
Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Consolidated Precision Product adheres to all US Export Administration Regulations.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs