The primary function of this position is to manage operations in order to meet daily safety, quality, productivity, cost and team building requirements for our Clean, Cut and Grind Team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Responsible for completion of Accident Investigation forms for any incidents in department.
- Responsible for implementation of safety countermeasures and doing root cause analysis to determine appropriate safety changes that are needed to improve plant safety.
- Responsible to adhere to all site safety policies and procedures
- Responsible to ensure standardized work is in place for all processes and adherence to quality process.
- Responsible for building and improving processes that make a quality product
- Responsible for prevention of defects and scraps.
- Lead, support and plan improvement using Systematic Problem Solving.
- Establish training plan and targets for critical jobs.
- Provide and oversee training and cross training plans.
- Apply and coach lean principles.
- Establish the standard condition and ensure quality throughput through respective area.
- Create weekly production schedule
- Ensure production goals and schedules are accomplished.
- Manage staffing levels and requirements.
- Follow Leader Standard Work.
- Accountable for timely preventative maintenance of all equipment.
- Responsible to implement improvement plans
- Responsible for resource planning in preparation for new product.
- Responsible for the Daily Accountability process in area or shift.
- Propose equipment needs for capital project implementations and may also participate in project implementation.
- Ensure problems are correctly identified and cost effective solutions are implemented.
- Initiate improvements to save material and energy costs.
- Ensure compliance with HR Policies and practices
- Resolve employee performance issues.
- Responsible for discipline issues including attendance, employee relations, and violations of company policies.
- Responsible for accurate employee time keeping utilizing E-time, tracking of attendance points and vacations.
- Develop employees for future positions.
- Responsible for performance reviews of direct reports.
- Ability to work overtime
- Education: Bachelor’s degree; or four to ten years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Language Skills – Ability to read, understand and comprehend document such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, Oracle reports and Internal Methods Sheets (IMS). Ability to carry out instruction in written, oral or diagram form. Excellent team skills and able to interact with other employees, engineers and leadership. Ability to report progress with engineers to solve issues.
- Mathematical Skills – ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills – Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office and Manufacturing software. Knowledge of computers.
- Working Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Safety requirements for this position are safety glasses, hearing protection and steel toed work boots.
- Physical Demands:
- Travel Requirements:
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs