Consolidated Precision Products (CPP), an aerospace and defense manufacturing company, has an immediate need for a Fabricator/Welder to join our team! This is a 2nd shift position (2pm - 10:30pm), reporting to the Facilities and Maintenance Manager at our plant in Bloomington, MN. This position performs welding in the fabrication, repair and maintenance of equipment parts, structures and other items. Interested candidates should apply at www.cppcorp.com/careers
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Major Job Functions:
- Cleans and prepares parts before welding. Sets up and operates welding equipment to weld, repair, join or fabricate parts by working with blueprints, sketches or verbal orders.
- Analyzes blueprints, specifications, sketches, work orders, and material safety data sheets to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Maintains welds on various items and equipment using a variety of processes (SMAW, GMAW, GTAW, OFW, OFC, PLASMA Cutting) for the purpose of ensuring the availability and functioning of required items ensuring safety.
- Coordinates with Maintenance Supervisor and internal customers for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
- Maintains shop, equipment, tools, vehicle, etc. for the purpose of ensuring the availability and functioning of required items and ensuring safety.
- Provides assistance to maintenance department repairing machines and equipment or performs routine machine and/or equipment maintenance minimizing down time.
- Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items.
- Examine parts for defects and measure parts to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Comply with all safety, DOT, HAZMAT and environmental policies and procedures
- Work on/participate in special projects as needed or assigned by Management
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required, vocational training preferred
- Experience: 3 years of related experience, including 1 year of journey-level experience.
- Certifications/Licenses: AWS Certification desired
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Mathematical skills (algebra and geometry), ability to problem solve and multi-task, basic computer skills.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk the length of the plant several times per day, ability to pass an eye exam
- Ability to lift equipment up to 50lbs.
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs