Consolidated Precision Products (CPP)- Syracuse is a manufacturer of premium investment castings for the Aircraft and Industrial Gas Turbine industry which has been in business for over 70 years. We are currently looking for a Dimensional Engineer to develop robust processes and tooling to support the company’s growth in the industrial and aerospace investment casting markets. CPP – Syracuse is located in Chittenango, NY and employs over 275 employees.
The selected candidate will be responsible for problem solving, the concepts, and tools of problem solving are essential to the job. Engineers will be required to: identify/define problems, perform root cause analysis, and implement solutions to problems that affect yield, rework, and overall quality of the product using a standardized approach (PDCA, Six-Sigma…). Knowledge and application of statistics. Occasionally take a leadership role in resolving cross-functional problems. The successful candidate would have experience with blueprints, CAD and Tooling, Casting experience is preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
· Develop, maintain, and teach “best practice” investment casting procedures and practices.
· Use problem solving tools and techniques to increase profitability.
· Responsible for the construction of all dies (shrink factor analysis), gages, and support tooling needed to produce and inspect cores, wax patterns, and castings.
· Interface with tooling vendors and CPP purchasing to produce a quality tool/die at a competitive price.
· Responsible for control of dimensional quality of casting. Continuous improvement of process/product such that the castings meet or exceed customer expectations.
· Identify and address process yields using various data analysis techniques (statistical, mathematical, DOE, 6 Sigma, etc.) to uncover variables in the process that are not maintained in a controlled fashion.
· Strong working knowledge of GD&T
· Able to interpret customer drawings, specifications, blueprints, models (CAD/NX), and layout reports.
· Good written and oral communication skills required to develop internal job instructions
· Gage R&R, SPC, non-straightening processes and other cost reduction initiatives
· Utilize tools effectively to streamline the process
· Identify, evaluate and implement new process technologies that advance manufacturing and product capabilities.
· Communicate with tooling vendors to design concepts for wax pattern die, the build of gate dies and support fixtures.
· Document work procedures and processes.
· Work closely with other departments to ensure organization objectives are achieved.
· Maintain a positive work atmosphere with respect and communicate in a professional manner.
· Improve Labor Utilization and Reduce Cost.
· Routinely audit production lots for adherence to established techniques and to ensure the repeatability of the results.
· Utilize basic engineering skills to approach problems analytically and derive sound conclusions.
· Good verbal communication skills and can feel at ease communicating with customer engineering groups
· Good verbal communications with all levels of management and manufacturing.
· BS in Engineering or 3-5 years of applicable experience (investment casting, tooling design, and CAD [preferably NX] experience).
· Strong communication skills (written and verbal), PC skills and program management skills.
· Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing Principles.
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal and documentation skills.
· Proven success in process improvements using mathematical and statistical problem-solving techniques to identify process variations in manufacturing processes with many contributing variables.
· The successful candidate’s career will show increasing levels of responsibility.
· Motivated individual with data driven problem solving techniques.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics, and their applications.
Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
Interviews are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, not everyone who applies will be interviewed or considered for a position at CPP-Syracuse.
No Phone Calls Please.
Job Type: Full-time
· Engineering: 3 years
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs