CPP-Syracuse is a manufacturer of premium investment castings for the Air Craft and Industrial Gas Turbine industry and has been in business for over 70 years. We have over 275 employees currently working in our Chittenango, NY facility.
We are currently looking for an experienced individual for our Metal End. The CMM/Dimensional Operator is a critical position in assuring the aerospace parts are straightened and gaged to instructions/quality standards. This position is on our 1st Shift Monday - Thursday and overtime as needed.
Perform all required duties relating to the straightening and gaging of rough/final castings to work instruction and the operation of CMM programs for the inspection of products to ensure that customer requirements are met in the most effective manner.
CMM/Dimensional Operator – In this position the successful candidate will perform all required duties relating to the straightening and gaging of rough/final castings to work instruction and the operation of CMM programs for the inspection of products to ensure that customer requirements are met according to work instructions, in the most effective manner. The successful candidate will be able to run a CMM machine, gage the gate for height compliance and be able to examine the casting for defects and may be required to perform the function of a sandblast or shell removal operator as needed. The ability to use basic gauges and measuring devices is required. Previous manufacturing experience preferred. The successful candidate will also be able to Identify and implement improvement opportunities through the use of tools such as Systematic Problem Solving, Process Management, Value Stream Mapping, etc.
- Ability to gage rough/final castings for conformance to specifications through the use of standard measuring devices, tools and fixtures.
- Ability to straighten rough/final castings by means of pressing, twisting, bending, heating and striking.
- Ability to set up fixtures as directed on the computer.
- Ability to load up UG (Unigraphics) through Valisys and execute the particular program.
- Ability to operate and do preventative maintenance on the CMM.
- Ability to report progress and work with engineers and programmers to solve issues.
- Ability to multi-task while learning other duties. (i.e.; visual inspection, straightening, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret CMM Data.
- May be required to perform the functions of a Sandblast Operator and Part Mark as needed.
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities through the use of tools such as Systematic Problem Solving, Process Management, Value Stream Mapping, etc.
- Responsible for adherence to all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to work at the Chittenango facility
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Certifications/Licenses: None
- Experience: Experience running CMM Machine with prior manufacturing experience
With nineteen facilities across the United States, Mexico and Europe, CPP specializes in high-precision, geometrically complex aerospace components and subassemblies. CPP's capabilities include directionally solidified/single crystal (DS/SC) castings, investment casting (superalloys, aluminum, steel, magnesium), dry sand, green sand and permanent mold. In-house services include rapid prototyping, stem drilling, tool construction, machining, ancillary processing, painting, coating, kitting and assembly. We are an AS9100 registered company. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP-Syracuse offers its employees a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, Employer subsidized 401K, and life insurance. Check us out at www.cppcorp.com to learn more about our products and CPP Corporation.
CPP-Syracuse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
CPP-Syracuse, as a supplier of Aerospace and Defense products, is required to comply with U.S. government export control regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Consolidated Precision Product adheres to all US Export Administration Regulations
Interviews are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, not everyone who applies will be interviewed or considered for a position at CPP-Syracuse. No Phone Call Please.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs