Consolidated Precision Products (CPP)- Syracuse is a manufacturer of premium investment castings for the Aircraft and Industrial Gas Turbine industry which has been in business for over 70 years. We are currently looking for a Gating Engineer to develop robust processes in the casting process to support the company’s growth in the industrial and aerospace investment casting markets. CPP – Syracuse is located in Chittenango, NY and employs over 275 employees.
The selected candidate will be responsible for problem solving, the concepts, and tools of problem solving are essential to the job. Engineers will be required to: identify/define problems, perform root cause analysis, and implement solutions to problems that affect yield, rework, and overall quality of the product using a standardized approach (PDCA, Six-Sigma…). Knowledge and application of statistics. Occasionally take a leadership role in resolving cross-functional problems.
Work in a team environment to develop and improve existing casting processes. Including developing cost effective and robust gating systems, writing clear shop floor instructions and bringing projects to closure within established time limits. Support dimensional qualification as required by selecting gating and process parameters that provide dimensional control and assure product is capable to drawing tolerances.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Participate in milestone development on new projects / programs and provide regular status updates. Manage projects as needed to qualify parts within original committed time frames.
- Develop cost effective gating and other processes required to produce and control the metallurgical and NDT integrity of product assuring it satisfies customer requirements using DOE's and other types of statistical tools.
- Develop and maintain overall operational sequences for part manufacture in conjunction with Administrative, Dimensional, Quality, and NDT disciplines.
- Knowledge and skilled in using CAD tools
- Knowledge of solidification modeling
- Establish and maintain effective communication with multidiscipline team.
- Develop part work instructions for Wax Assembly, Shell, Mold Prep, Cast, Weld, Heat Treat, HIP, and other process related operations.
- Work with and train shop floor personnel in regard to understanding work instructions, developing work techniques, process improvements, and reduction in executional variation.
- Provide technical support to Sales during part quotations and the review of drawings, specifications, and purchase orders for assigned products. Provide customer with input relative to design and part specification criteria, lead times, and producibility improvements.
- Conduct effective customer and supplier communication dealing with metallurgical and other issues related to the product and process. Support customer needs with respect to overall product quality, cost reductions, improving labor utilization and general good will.
- Research new manufacturing techniques and processes focused on reducing costs and improving quality. Prepare technical notes and reports dealing with proposed process improvements.
- Lead or participate in problem solving teams as assigned; use and coach the PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) approach to determine countermeasures, root cause and corrective actions; participate in weekly reports on active problem solving projects.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure organization objectives are achieved.
- Routinely audit production lots for adherence to established techniques and to ensure the repeatability of the results.
- Utilize basic engineering skills to approach problems analytically and derive sound conclusions.
- Adhere to AS9100 and ISO procedures and compliance
- Responsible for adherence to all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to work at the Chittenango facility
- Adherence to engineering procedures and processes
- Meeting commitments with respect to established cost and time frames.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Education: BS in Manufacturing, Materials, Ceramics, Metallurgical or Mechanical Engineering preferred. Other engineering disciplines may be considered based on previous work experience.
- Experience:5+ years’ experience in Investment Casting knowledge of investment casting industry related to Aerospace and IGT products required.
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
Interviews are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, not everyone who applies will be interviewed or considered for a position at CPP-Syracuse.
No Phone Calls Please.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs