Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) has an immediate need for qualified TIG Welder to join our team. We have 2nd shift (2pm - 11:30pm) availability at our foundry in Bloomington, MN. This position is responsible for repairing castings to meet our customers specifications. CPP offers competitive pay and great benefits; experienced Welders encouraged to apply today! This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team and be a part of a strong aerospace manufacturing company that has been in business for over 100 years!
• Organizes all welding equipment, supplies, tools, etc. necessary to complete assigned jobs and checks all documentation available
• Places castings in ovens and heats to proper temperature and performs other necessary preparation steps prior to performing welding operations
• Operates Miller Dynasty 350 TIG welding equipment to repair defective castings and to fill holes in castings according to established specifications in climate controlled booths
• Inspects completed work and performs simple rework as required
• Examines welds for completeness and compliance with established specifications
• Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition to minimize safety hazards and accidents
Required Experience / Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or equivalent required, 2yr technical degree/welding certificate strongly preferred
• 1 year previous experience in TIG welding required, preferably in a production environment
• Candidates must be able to pass an ID Test Plate test
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand
• The employee frequently is required to walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear
• The employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 50 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception
CPP-Minneapolis offers its employees a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation, personal time, paid holidays and life insurance.
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/.
Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
It is the policy of CPP Corporation to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs