Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) has an immediate need for a Quality Manager to join our team. This position reports to the VP/General Manager. The Quality Manager is Responsible for establishing, implementing and maintaining processes and practices within the quality management system that help the organization achieve the highest quality standards possible and minimize product defects. This role is also integrates all quality connected functions into a Quality System, designed to assist manufacturing operations in providing quality products that fulfill customer needs at a minimum cost. The Quality Manager also develops, communicates and coordinates the execution of all Company quality programs along with providing leadership to the Quality Assurance department.
Interested candidates should apply at www.cppcorp.com/careers.
- Responsible for establishing, implementing and maintaining processes and practices within the quality management system that help the organization ensure that the processes are delivering their intended outputs
- Report on the performance of the quality management system and opportunities for improvement to top management
- Promote the organization to be customer focused
- Ensure that the integrity of the quality management system is maintained when changes to the quality management system are planned and implemented
- Develop and manage implementation of all policies, procedures and practices to ensure organizational compliance with all internal and external (customer and government) quality requirements and specifications
- Responsible for ensuring that the organization is aware of and conforms to AS 9100, ISO, Nadcap, and customer requirements
- Ensure that appropriate employees obtain the required training and certification in all applicable quality assurance programs
- Work directly with key customers when quality issues arise and as audits or certifications are required
- Provide leadership for the Quality Assurance department
- Coordinate and assist in writing and updating all procedures and work instructions for each job function in the Syracuse/Chittenango Facility.
- Ensure continuous ISO registration, manage internal audit program.
- Distribute and control revisions to all procedures and work instructions.
- Assist in the investigation and response to all manufacturing related customer complaints.
- Disposition the product in the manufacturing area which is found non-conforming to specification.
- Interpret and implement customer specifications for product and quality systems.
- Investigate and recommend corrective actions for engineering related problems in the manufacturing area.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years of manufacturing quality experience. Associate Degree and 5-10 years of manufacturing quality experience. Other combination of education and experience considered on a case by case basis.
- Aerospace / ISO Experience Required
- CQE, SSGB or SSBB Certifications are a plus but not required.
- Other required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A comprehensive knowledge of management and quality systems
- Ability to read, understand and comprehend documents such as safety rules, customer PO’s, prints and specifications, operating and heat treat schedules, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and inventory records. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees in the organization.
- This person must be a self-starter, able to see what needs to be done, and be creative in the formulation and implementation of plans.
- The ability to focus on the issues, with unhappy or dissatisfied customers is essential. This individual must be capable of getting to the root of a problem, and not let their emotions interfere with their ability to understand the issues.
- Knowledge of common statistical analysis and problem solving quality techniques.
With nineteen facilities across the United States, Mexico and Europe, CPP specializes in high-precision, geometrically complex aerospace components and subassemblies. CPP's capabilities include directionally solidified/single crystal (DS/SC) castings, investment casting (superalloys, aluminum, steel, magnesium), dry sand, green sand and permanent mold. In-house services include rapid prototyping, stem drilling, tool construction, machining, ancillary processing, painting, coating, kitting and assembly. We are an AS9100 registered company. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
Consolidated Precision Products is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs