Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) has an immediate need experienced Core Workers to join our team! This position reports to the Foundry Operations Manager at our plant in Cudahy, CA. The Core Worker is a key member of the first shift production team. Experience foundry workers are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should apply at www.cppcorp.com/careers or for more information call (323) 773-2363 x1126.
- Organizes parts, and/or tools such as coreboxes, chills, rods, loose pieces, locators or wires necessary to complete assigned jobs and checks all documentation (Work Instructions, special instructions, etc.) to help ensure the best possible results.
- Sets up and operates machines in Airset and Cold Box consistent with established procedures and/or application of specialized knowledge in the construction of the most complex and complicated sand cores.
- Removes all loose pieces from the core, placing all loose pieces, vent rods, risers, etc., in the box, pushing box toward next operation and stacking cores on skids or rollers.
- Constructs the most complicated and complex pipes and cores consistent with established procedures and application of specialized knowledge related to pipe making and oil core construction.
- Performs basic entry level coremaking and duties as established for the coremake areas, including rapping core box to loosen pieces and risers, pulling out risers and vent rods and placing the proper core plate on the core box.
- Acquire additional certifications and credentials as required for work or career development
- Maintain a clean, organized work area
- Comply with all safety, DOT, HAZMAT and environmental policies and procedures
- Ability to work overtime
- Work on/participate in special projects as needed or assigned by Management
- High school or equivalent
- foundry experience: 1 year
- must be willing to work overtime and weekends
With nineteen facilities across the United States, Mexico and Europe, CPP specializes in high-precision, geometrically complex aerospace components and subassemblies. CPP's capabilities include directionally solidified/single crystal (DS/SC) castings, investment casting (superalloys, aluminum, steel, magnesium), dry sand, green sand and permanent mold. In-house services include rapid prototyping, stem drilling, tool construction, machining, ancillary processing, painting, coating, kitting and assembly. We are an AS9100 registered company. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
Consolidated Precision Products is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs