CPP-Syracuse is a manufacturer of premium investment castings for the Air Craft and Industrial Gas Turbine industry and has been in business for over 70 years. We have over 275 employees currently working in our Chittenango, NY facility. This position is on the first shift Monday - Thursday.
We are currently looking for an experienced individual for our Machining department.
CNC Machinist – In this position the successful candidate will need to perform all required duties relating to the operation of machined tools to make machined products that meet precise specifications. Perform dimensional castings as required. Monitor and change cutting tools as needed. Sets up and operates conventional and special purpose machines to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts. Aware at all times of correct orientation of casting being placed in machinery. Ability to load and unload castings. The successful candidate will also be able to Identify and implement improvement opportunities through the use of tools such as Systematic Problem Solving, Process Management, Value Stream Mapping, etc.
- * Minimum 2 years experience operating CNC machine; 3 Axis preferred
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawing, manuals, specification, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, and grinders.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjust machine controls.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings.
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanism, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, and others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Ability to gage rough/final castings for conformance to specifications through the use of standard measuring devices, tools and fixtures.
- Ability to straighten rough/final castings by means of pressing, twisting, bending, heating and striking.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Responsible for adherence to all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Must be able to move freely around the manufacturing facility and workstation. Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, stand and walk for extended periods of time up to and over 8 hours per day.
· Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
· Experience: Entry Level Position – Prior manufacturing experience a plus a minimum of 2 years CNC/Machinist experience is needed.
CPP-Syracuse offers its employees a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, Employer subsidized 401K, and life insurance. Check us out at www.cppcorp.com to learn more about our products and CPP Corporation.
CPP-Syracuse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
CPP-Syracuse, as a supplier of Aerospace and Defense products, is required to comply with U.S. government export control regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Consolidated Precision Product adheres to all US Export Administration Regulations
Interviews are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, not everyone who applies will be interviewed or considered for a position at CPP-Syracuse. No Phone Call Please.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs