Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) has an immediate opening for a qualified Machinist to join our team! This positions reports to the Supervisor of Machining at our plant in Bloomington, MN. This is a 2nd shift position (2:30pm – 10:30pm). This position will set up and perform targeting/hand operation procedures on all standard and most complex castings. Specifically, these duties include inspection, alignment, scribing dimensional lines, grinding, hand drilling and cutting reference points consistent with provided specifications and established standards of quality and quantity. Interested candidates should apply at www.cppcorp.com/careers
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Perform machine shop operations such as drilling, reaming and chamfering.
- Perform assembly on finished goods, specifically installing bushings and sealants.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to management.
- Perform dimensional checks of castings and document results.
- Vocational or technical training in a similar field, graduate from a certified technical school.
- 1 year of experience preferred
- Experience with Faro Romer a plus
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cooperative manner with others
- Requires continuous standing, stooping and some heavy lifting
- Maintain work area in a safe, clean and orderly condition
CPP-Minneapolis offers its employees a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation, personal time, paid holidays and life insurance.
Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
It is the policy of CPP Corporation to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs