Consolidated Precision Products (CPP), an aerospace and defense manufacturing company, has an immediate need for a Targeter/Inspector to join our team! This is a 2nd shift position (2:00pm - 10:30pm), with initial training on a day shift, reporting to the Operations Manager in our machining department at our plant in Bloomington, MN. This position is responsible for setting up and determining positioning of castings in order prepare part for machining and assembly. This includes inspection, alignment, grinding, and cutting reference points consistent with specifications and established standards. Interested candidates should apply at www.cppcorp.com/careers
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Major Job Functions:
- Operates PCMS (Portable Coordinate Measuring System, Romer/Faro) machines to verify castings meet customer tolerances in accordance with detailed models and ISO Certifications
- Produces documentation verifying casting meets customer specifications and ISO Certifications
- Performs best fit of parts, utilizing fixtures, CMM, and laser scanning technology for targeting & machining operations
- Performs precision bench grinding as required to put casting in conformance with specifications
- Maintain a clean, organized work area
- Comply with all safety, DOT, HAZMAT and environmental policies and procedures
- Acquire additional certifications and credentials as required for work or career development
- Ability to work overtime
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1 or more years of experience using micrometers, inside micrometers, calipers, CMM, laser scanning, and other shop tools
- Experience working with applicable inspection and fitment software (Polyworks, PCDemous, Powerinspect) preferred
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk the length of the plant several times per day
- Ability to pass an eye exam
- Ability to lift equipment up to 30 lbs
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP-Minneapolis offers its employees a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation, personal time, paid holidays and life insurance.
Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
It is the policy of CPP Corporation to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs