The primary function of this position is to manage outside vendors and process to reduce cost, make throughput improvements at vendor sites and ensure scheduling and planning is accurate and consistent.
This is a full time position
- Responsible to adhere to all site safety policies and procedures
- Responsible to ensure work instructions are in place for all processes and adherence to the quality process.
- Responsible for building and improving processes that make a quality product
- Responsible for prevention of defects and scrap.
- Provide and oversee training and cross training plans.
- Maintain accurate and reliable inventory.
- Ensure quality throughput with vendors.
- Create weekly/monthly/quarterly production schedule for vendors.
- Ensure production goals and schedules are accomplished.
- Ensure adequate capacity is maintained through detailed capacity analysis
- Responsible to implement improvement plans (lead time reduction and work content reduction)
- Responsible for resource planning in preparation for new product.
- Responsible for the daily accountability process for outside vendors
- Apply and coach lean principles.
- Ensure problems are correctly identified and cost effective solutions are implemented.
- Initiate improvements to save material.
- Develop cost reduction pipelines with vendors.
- Source, interview and select new vendors as required
- Assess single points of failure and means to reduce risk through qualification of additional vendors and/or other processes
- Ensure compliance with HR Policies and practices
- Responsible for performance reviews of direct reports.
- Accurately and effectively communicate in organizational meetings
- Create and maintain positive relationships with vendors
- Ability to work overtime
- Education: Bachelor’s degree; or four to ten years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in sourcing and managing outside vendors
- Experience: Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Language Skills – Ability to read, understand and comprehend document such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, Oracle reports and Internal Methods Sheets (IMS). Ability to carry out instruction in written, oral or diagram form. Excellent team skills and able to interact with other employees, engineers and leadership. Ability to report progress with engineers to solve issues.
- Mathematical Skills – ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills – Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office and Manufacturing software. Knowledge of computers – advanced excel skills.
- Working Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Safety requirements for this position are safety glasses, hearing protection and steel toed work boots.
- Physical Demands: Ability to walk, stand 80% of the day
- Travel Requirements: 50% mostly local
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs