The Regional EH&S Specialist will be responsible for the management of environmental, health, & safety programs for all plants within Southern California. Travel throughout the region is required.
The Regional EH&S Specialist will drive the following initiatives: Safety Culture Leadership, EH& S Program Management, Compliance and Auditing and Best Practice Identification and Implementation.
Safety Culture Leadership:
- Influence Plant leadership to embrace a culture of safety.
- Track, report and lead efforts to improve performance of site EHS KPIs.
- Ensure that incidents are being investigated finding root cause, appropriate countermeasures, and expansion of these countermeasures in and outside of the plant.
- Coordinate effective plant safety steering committees to drive culture and improvements
- Review all new processes, equipment, materials prior to introduction to site.
- EHS Program Management:*
- Develop and implement programs / procedures to ensure regulatory compliance and reduce EH&S hazards associated with plant operations
- Work with plant(s) to develop programs to improve environmental impact and reduce energy consumption
- Lead implementation of EHS training and communication programs
- Actively lead Workers Compensation programs (or similar non-U.S. programs) to lower costs, claims, and facilitate return to work of employees.
- Assist in site risk management programs and surveys.
Compliance and Auditing
- Remain current on relevant regulatory requirements and serve as a central technical resource to the plants.
- Oversee site OSHA 300 logs, Safety Data Sheets and other reporting requirements.
- Coordinate industrial hygiene sampling and exposure evaluations.
- Be responsible for all environmental inspection/reporting including Air emissions, SPCC, and Stormwater.
- Participate on cross-facility EHS audits.
- Lead and ensure the correcting of the audit findings identified
Best Practice Identification and Implementation
- Identify and track implementation of EHS best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Safety, Industrial Health, Science, or Engineering or similar 4 year degree with significant EHS experience.
- Minimum 2-5 years of professional experience in an EHS role, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of CalOSHA, EPA Regulations, Worker's Compensation, and Risk Management.
- Experience in implementing an EHS management system including ergonomic management systems.
- Should have regular and consistent attendance record
- U.S. Person as defined by ITAR requirements.
Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future. This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. It is the policy of CPP Corporation to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status. EOE/M/F/DISABLED/VETERANS
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs