Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) - Cudahy has an immediate need for an experienced Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator to join our team!
The EHS Coordinator is accountable for maintaining a healthy, safe and productive workplace through the education and training of employees in safe work practices, knowledge of emergency procedures, administration of company safety policies for compliance with health, safety and environmental state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Identify and correct potential hazards collaborating with Maintenance team by inspecting facility, machinery, and safety equipment
- Implement and manage Environmental Health & Safety Inspection Program including: eyewash stations, ladders, hoists, waste accumulation, chemical storage, storm water, Emergency preparation, Contractor Safety Programs, Lock Out/Tag Out Program, and general hazard recognition
- Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining site specific Health Programs such as Respiratory Protection, Hearing Conservation, Ergonomics, Forklift training, etc.
- Investigate accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine their cause and recommend countermeasures to prevent future incidents
- Coordinate the administration of workers’ compensation return to work program with assistance from Human Resources, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time
- Manage and maintain PPE, and recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees’ exposure to physical work hazards
- Create safety awareness with all employees by guiding safety committee and safety initiatives
- Develop and conduct training on Safety & Health Programs including New Hire Safety Orientation
- Review plans and specifications for new machinery and equipment to make sure they meet safety requirements, ensuring compliance with regulatory agencies on Equipment permits/licenses
- Prepare and submit company EHS metrics
- Maintain facility database, ensuring environmental reporting & compliance with regulatory agencies. (Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan, Hazardous Waste Management, Chemical Inventory Program, Fire Prevention)
- Review reports and findings to monitor performance and detect trends related to health and safety
- Responsible for knowledge, understanding and implementation of EHS regulations and requirements; developing and implementing safety programs meeting local, state and federal OSHA requirements and monitoring regulatory changes as they occur
- Primary contact for all regulatory agencies for inspections, permitting, and reporting
- Work on/participate in special projects as needed or assigned by Management
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in safety science, environmental/industrial/mechanical engineering, or BA degree in a related field.
- Working knowledge of CalOSHA Regulations (Title 8).
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Prefer 3-5 years of Environmental, Health & Safety experience
- Prefer EHS experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Experience working with Safety Programs such as Lockout-Tagout, Industrial Vehicles, Hoisting Equipment, Electrical Safety, Fall Protection, Confined Space, Ergonomics and Industrial Hygiene Programs.
- Background in incident investigations, such as 5-Why, What-If Analysis, 6-sigma, etc.
- Experience with working with customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Experience in performing Kaizen events.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
It is the policy of CPP Corporation to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs